Cornfed Iowans-Week of Aug 10

Options
Hey all,
I am starting the new weekly thread for us Iowans to keep in touch (or you Iowans at heart!:)

I had a busy weekend...it was HOT! How are you all doing?

Casey:bigsmile:

Replies

• happyhealthy3
    Options
    WOO HOO! I weighed myself this morning and show a 4.8 loss in 9 days. Love it! I had a few deviations of eating like eating 2 pop tarts instead of something healthy. This normally would have set me into the mode of "oh well" but I recorded it and saw that the calories didn't wreck my whole day and I simply ate better the rest of the day. I am a work in progress and feeling like this is it.

I also had a really intense 60 min workout on Saturday. I did the treadmill with lots of hills and felt very sweaty and fatigued. This morning I did 45 min on the elliptical trainer at a level 8. It felt a little easy but a good workout.
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I started the SHRED this morning! I am excited to be easing back in. I think I will be sore tomorrow.
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    hello folks!

aahhhhh! the air is much better! hope it has reached the rest of you as well! :glasses: am considering zig-zaggin my calories, anyone have any info or thoughts on this? i have decided to figure ahead of time my foods/calories for the day, and post it on my fridge. don't have time to keep coming here and look it up/record. a week from Wed we start school back up. I am excited to get back in the bus and see all the kiddos again. Routine and $$ as well! :smile:

happyhealthy ~ 4.8 lbs / 9 days!! :noway: that is just great! happy for ya! mmmm poptarts! :tongue: hey, nice workouts you got going! keep it up!

katie ~ hope you aren't too sore today...just keep at it, and you should be better soon!

Have a great day! :flowerforyou:
  • ccleadbyexample
    Options
    Good morning Iowans!
    Can you believe it's almost state fair time? I guess the heat is reminding us?:) Do you all go to it?
    My body has been out of sorts for a few weeks now..kind of irritating..but going to the doctor to get things figured out! Luckily not affecting workouts..so that's good!
    This am I did my 5 mile run before the sun came up (that darned sun comes up later and later:grumble: )..and tonight I'll do my ChaLEAN Extreme (probably a little later than normal with family in town!).
    Happyhealthy: That is AWESOME! It takes a strong person to also turn a day around from a bad start...you should be proud!
    Katie: Good for you..way to get back in it and start rocking it out! Do some good stretches to help with soreness...and cardio/stretching helps with that too!
    Kelly: Hey girl! Crazy school time is almost here! Great idea..a plan is good:) I love plans! I have heard of several variations of the zig-zagging..what did you have in mind for that??
    Have a great day in Iowa! Sunshine:bigsmile:
    Casey
  • kelly_a
    Options
    hey casey! :happy: i have never gone to the state fair. i know there is tons to do there. know some local ppl that have actually showed items and placed. hope all goes well for you at the dr and things improve for you. on the zig/zag, i have only checked out a couple of sites. i think i would increase calories a few days a week, and the rest just my normal. but i am confused at the correct amount as they appear to be higher (like by 200 or more/day) than MFP. i also read that in order to be affective that on the lower calorie days is when you should have the most activity/exercise, and on the higher calorie days to do nothing. don't quite understand this, but the whole process is to keep your body guessin and therefore keep you losing??? i have not officially started, just want to be prepared and have a plan when i do. still working on making all my food, meals, calorie and nutrient data more easily accessible. oh and hey, on the stretching, i know everyone is different, but i have better results when i stretch after a hard workout when my muscles are still warm.
  • ccleadbyexample
    Options
    You should totally go..the state fair is so fun..just gotta avoid a lot of the food...YIKES!:noway:
    As far as the eating thing...the thing you always want to remember is this: to lose weight=calories in < calories out! You can change your calorie intake day to day..but always remember that rule! Some people like the Eating for Life way...check it out online www.eatingforlife.com (cookbook and book on it too).
    I too stretch better after cardio when my body is loose..I discovered like an hour ago that I majorly need to have better posture...at work I look like a hunched man!
    Casey:bigsmile:
  • KatieEppers
    Options
    thanks for the good advice guys. And as far as the State Fair, not sure whether we are going or not. I have never been as we are not orginally from Iowa. I am thinking of taking the kiddos. We shall see. Well, I treated myself to a massage tonight and that was nice. If you are in the DSM area, Massage Heights on S 50th and MCP is a great place. Anyway, have a good night guys.
  • ccleadbyexample
    Options
    Good morning Iowans!
    I noticed this am that my body is slowly returning to normal..it's just been off lately! I felt good when I got up..gotta love those mornings:bigsmile:
    I did my ChaLEAN Extreme Push 2 last night..man it is such a good workout and I feel AWESOME when I get done. Did it later in the evening than normal as my mom and sister were in town:drinker:
    This am I did my ChaLEAN Burn Intervals..mix of cardio circuits and strength. I'll do some P90X yoga over lunch..so relaxing..I LOVE it! I think I might work on my core a little after work..and maybe a short relaxing walk in this nice sun!

What's new with all of you today?

Katie: Most people that have never been don't know all what it has..but it is fun and the kids would love it. You can park at the capitol and ride for free..lots of ways to make it cheaper. AND you can walk all over and get a workout!

Have a great day all!:flowerforyou:
    Casey
  • kelly_a
    Options
    hey gang ~

casey ~ gosh, lovin' all the exercise you report! you's a machine lady! :happy:

went to town with oldest ds today and bought some groceries, while he donated plasma. then, me and my sons visited my parents for my dad's 72nd bday. they so enjoy time with my boys and don't get to see them as often as they would like. :heart:

gonna see if dh will venture to Des Moines this weekend. it just sounds like a ton o' fun! hope the weather is good.

later Iowan's!
  • ccleadbyexample
    Options
    Good morning Iowans!:bigsmile:
    While I am very active...I do stress to people that it's all in moderation. I have a schedule that is more set for shorter workouts..so I often do cardio in am and then strength/flexibility later in day (some days are rest or just one!). Bodies gotta rest:wink:
    I did some corework last night and a walk-the Core for ChaLEAN was tough-yikes she isn't messing around! This am I went for a run..lordy it's toasty out there!:noway:

Kelly-Thanks for the kind words! :flowerforyou: Hopefully you'll get to venture to DM...little hot this weekend but nothing we aren't used to! Has school started yet?

Rock it out today!:bigsmile:
    Casey
  • KatieEppers
    Options
    No Casey, school has not started yet, and really, I am so ready for it to. With hubby out of town for the past two weeks and the next six weeks, I need those kids gone for 7 hours out of theday. I am sorry if that sounds horrible, but man, they are two years apart and they CONSTANTLY fight. I just need a few hours of peace. Props to the single parents out there, not sure how you guys do it.

Anyway, have a great day guys. I haven't gotten my workout in yet, but I will.

Happy Thursday!
  • kelly_a
    Options
    hello ~

casey ~ we just had our bus meeting this am, and school starts next Wed the 19th. I am SO ready! again this year I was not offered a regular shuttle, $ 3,000 LESS :sad: ) so that means I will be doing lots and lots of activity driving to make up for it!

right on the calories today! :tongue:

will be doing laundry, prep deck for stain, and C25K!

have a good day folks! :bigsmile:
  • ccleadbyexample
    Options
    Good afternoon Iowans!
    Wow busy last day:) I have been working to book things for my cruise next month :glasses: and my love Jason and I found out we can go away in two weeks now..so he booked it last night!:heart:
    I did my ChaLEAN Push 3 last night..and then some treadmill sprints/walk this am. I think I'll do some yoga/stretching today too..I am NOT flexible!:ohwell:

Katie: Oh my..you poor thing! You can do it! Did you get your workout in? That probably seems like a nice break now! This one girl on CE has SEVEN kids..holy crap!

Kelly: Oh man no regular route..that stinks:grumble: Do they only have so many?
    Hope you are having a good day and rockin it out!

Have a great weekend all!:drinker:
    Casey
  • KatieEppers
    Options
    Yay for going away on a nice trip, Casey!! That is AWESOME!!! Yesterday, I did get part of my shred in but wasn't feeling it/feeling really nauseous, so finished up the last 10 minutes with a brisk walk outside. Plus did some bike riding yesterday and a few extra crunches. I figure if I can at least do that on the days I am not feeling it, it is better than nothing. Today I got my full Shred in so YAY!! I think I really need to try this ChaLEAN extreme video. Everyone raves about it. Anyway, just finished watching Super Size Me on hulu. That was crazy stuff. Hope you all have a great day tomorrow.
  • kelly_a
    Options
    Happy Weekend!

Casey ~ how fun a cruise! i have never been on one, someday...:bigsmile: where are you goin? i have been to Jamaica...beautiful! :glasses: re my route. i have been a bus driver for 13+ yrs. we have 7 regular routes that include 3 small towns, with 3 schools in each town. they have eliminated shuttles over the past few yrs, now have 2 in 2 towns, and b/c of where i live i don't get a shuttle....even tho i have the most seniority. :grumble: we have no union, just a contract. i AM the highest paid, only b/c i drive the most, which is ok b/c my kids are 19 & 17. we all get paid the same, even sub drivers....but by May i am burn out! :bigsmile:

Katie ~ like the variety of your workouts....there is so much we can do!! i want to see that Super Size Me. i have heard it's pretty gross? yes, me too, i want more info on the ChaLEAN.

3/4 of my deck is done then will wait for some dry days b4 i stain it. will be going to inlaws later to cut wood and mow around pond/timber.

have a great day!
  • KatieEppers
    Options
    Kelly: yes, Super Size Me was pretty gross. It was a very interesting concept, and presents some very interesting info. It is just under two hours, you should watch it.
  • ccleadbyexample
    Options
    Good morning Iowans!
    I am taking us to a new thread here after this post! Sorry I wasn't on this weekend much...I was busy, my computer at home is all screwed up:grumble: and I was feeling off again. It's weird..sometimes you just know something is wrong...kind of like with your car! :wink: Luckily my workouts have still been good.
    On Sat am I got up and did ChaLEAN Push 1 (last week of Push..more info below!)..then did some turbo jam with a girl while working at the Y. Sun am I did a 11.5 mile run...I looked like I had jumped in a pool by the time I was done..not sure if it was just that humid of I was coming down with something..as all day yesterday I was feeling good and um not so good. Really odd....I preferred the good moments:)
    I debated on this am with my day yesterday..but felt ok so got up and did some ChaLEAN cardio and a good walk on the treadmill!

Katie: Way to go girl on staying active! I have heard that movie is good...

Kelly: My home school was 3 small towns as well...I bet you are beat by the end of the year! I love kids..but I think I'd lose my patience with them after a while...so you are my hero:) Wow you have been working hard core on your house..I need to do that too:) This is my second cruise..my sister talked me into one last year. Really hadn't intended to go on one again...or at least this soon..but my girlfriend wanted to go on a cheaper trip..and we found a good one going to Grand Cayman and Jamaica! It docks out of Miami so that will be fun to see that area for a day or two. They are fun..but I wouldn't want to do it every year. I am also excited to go away in 2 weeks to MN with my love Jason!:heart:

ChaLEAN Extreme: I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! For me..I wanted a good strength program that allowed me to really have variety and see results (I am a trainer-I can design my own but that was getting time consuming). Also have some cross training cardio wise for my running.
    It's a home DVD set...90 day program that incorporates the fitness, nutrition, motivation, etc all in one! You have 3 strength sessions per week (typically around 35 min each) and then it also has 1-2 cardio workouts and some core and flexibility. The longest day is 45 min...so you see results without a great deal of time. Also nice as you can incorporate other cardio (like biking, walking, running) into it as well.
    If you guys want more info..let me know. You can sign up for the team beach body website for free through my coach page and learn more! www.beachbodycoach.com/ccfett (go to bottom right, click on link, then choose FREE option!).

New thread:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/63432-cornfed-iowans-week-of-aug-17

Have a great week!:bigsmile:
    Casey