The awful midnight snack

Options
I am up working super late. I have a bad 2am snack. Do I log it on yesterday or the upcoming day?

Replies

• jodi8785
    jodi8785 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am doing the SAME EXACT THING! I have decided to let MFP tell me when the new day starts, and I ended up logging it on yesterdays
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really matter - just choose an "end of day" time and stick to it.
    If it was me - I'd be more likely to add it to yesterday, I would consider that the day ends when I go to sleep, but it's your choice.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Personally, I usually address such matters as between sleeps... In other words, from the time I awaken in the morning until the time I go to bed at night (or the next morning) is a "day"... My rationale is that when I weigh is when I first arise... hence that is the beginning of the "day"; that being said, in the unlikely event I EVER pull and "all-nighter" again -- (I am 52 years old and really can't do that very well any more)... I would start the new day with "Breakfast"....
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    As an aside, this is one reason that most experts agree that adequate rest is critical to proper weight loss... If you are up late, you tend to eat more to counteract your fatigue. It is not always possible but try to get your work done and get the rest you need for maximum weight loss (This I say at 2:54 am)... (at least I am not snacking right now)... ;-)
  • RoseAmongThorns91
    RoseAmongThorns91 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Being in the military and with a rotating shift, I decided to change my time/day to 4 times of the day with a time span of 6hrs each. It helps me by putting when I eat in those time slots. I don't have a 'breakfast' or 'dinner' but I eat when I have time. It helps keep everything recorded.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I would tend to put it down as for the day before. Although, if you want to make up for it the next day by eating less, you could put it as today.