A few questions about 30DS

Options
ElizaRoche
ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
Ok so, I would like to start this workout, but...

-Is it really true you can lose up to 20 lbs in a month? (if thats true im up to it, means I would reach my GW in a month woo hoo!)
.Do you gain weight the first days due to muscle gain?, I dont wanna freak out to kick my a** doing it then a week later notice im up 4-5 lbs
-3 different videos right?, you gotta do them for 10 days each of them?
-Is this workout really really hard to do?

Replies

• 05HeatherLouise05
    05HeatherLouise05 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    .Do you gain weight the first days due to muscle gain?, I dont wanna freak out to kick my a** doing it then a week later notice im up 4-5 lbs

I gained maybe 2kgs for the first 7 days, but i'm pretty sure that was either water retention or acid in my muscles (Which were KILLING me for about 3-4 Days) after that the weight just dropped back down.

There is 1 Dvd with 3 workouts, Level 1,2,3. the idea is you do each one for 10 days. I've personally just been sticking with Level 1 until i can do the whole thing with out resting.

It's hard and it kicks your butt, But it is absolutely Do-able for everyone.
  • Bettsy_A
    Bettsy_A Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Ok so, I would like to start this workout, but...

-Is it really true you can lose up to 20 lbs in a month? (if thats true im up to it, means I would reach my GW in a month woo hoo!)

For me, the following happened.
    -I didn't lost much weight (maybe 3kg), but I lost inches all over my body. 4 inches off my waist, hips and 3 off each thigh.
    -Muscle isn't really gained just the first few days for me. I have to have rest days before my body starts rebuilding the muscle.

Also If you haven't done 30DS before, chances are you won't be able to do it 5 days in a row (tho I'm a chicken and my thighs were just not happy haha). It was somewhat a shock to my system, but I stuck with it and it was worth it :)

-It's challenging, not impossible. When I reached the end of each workout, I felt fantastic! It's not going to be easy if you want to get a good solid workout from it, and it's ok to take little breaks so you don't totally burn out
  • puckers82
    puckers82 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    1) I lost 8lbs doing it, 7lbs after week 1 then stayed the same till i lost another lb in week 4 but i lost 10inches in all. I believe you could lose more if you follow her diet plan but i think you need to pay more for.

2) Yes 3 levels, i did them 10 days each.

3) It was hard esp the first week but i found it fun.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    thanks for your answers!, even tho im a little scared to try something new I think I´ll give it a try!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    20 pounds in a month .... when you only have 20 pounds to lose? Not gonna happen. For a 20 pound weight loss you need ... total deficit of 70,000 calories. This is a 2,333 calorie deficit EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Now, unless you're in good shape already, you WILL lose inches ..... that's always a good thing.