Options
todd6977
todd6977 Posts: 400 Member
cant sleep

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I'm not sleepy either... but then it's only 3.40pm here!

MFP never sleeps...... (said in a deep, slightly creepy, voice-over voice)
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    I can never sleep... bleh...
  • giggles7706
    giggles7706 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I'm at work - and barely awake. Haha
  • todd6977
    Options
    just feeling lonely tonight i dont know whyjust depressed
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Ditto... sucks doesn't it?
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I'm here. Sorry you are depressed tonight. =(
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    its 5:50pm here! Hows everyone going!
  • todd6977
    Options
    sucks in a big way
    Ditto... sucks doesn't it?
  • Melonhead
    Melonhead Posts: 168
    Options
    Not only does MFP help me lose weight, it helps me stay awake at work...only 4 hours to go...come on 7AM!
  • Ralphrabbit
    Ralphrabbit Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Awake early here for the Gas man! It's 9am so very early for me!! Chin up Todd. All is going really well but it will take some time......
  • TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Options
    Am awake and at work right now. Sorry you are depressed. Feel free to add and send message if you would like to talk. MFP friends not only here for diet support but any kind of support.
  • IAMDDAY
    IAMDDAY Posts: 771
    Options
    At work too. Sorry you are depressed. I suffer from depression as well. I hope you are feeling better knowing that we are here to talk if you want too.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I'm awake again, 315am here... this'll kill my hard workout tomorrow but hey if I can't sleep I get productive, about to start the dishwasher and wash the kitchen floor. :blushing: :laugh: Least I'm being productive.

Went to bed way early, sort of a nap of sorts that turned into a nights sleep, I feel like I'm up for the day now though and the gym doesn't open until 5am:sad:

For those of you using MFP to get through your workout days, Cheers, hey whatever helps right?!:drinker:

For those of you that can't sleep ...well not sure how to help you there. I've run out for a couple day but typically take:
    Sundown Super Snooze Melatonin Formula before I hit the bed. AMAZING how relaxed it makes me feel ..but like I said, I'm out and have been for a couple days. UGH

Time to get out and buy some more ASAP.

For those that say, ooh no way, no chemicals for me for sleep, it's not quite that way with this. Our body makes Melatonin naturally and sometimes we run short and need a kick in the pants to get it back up there. Quite similar to getting our Serotonin level depleted (which cause depression)

Here's the ingredients and should mention it's only $9 for a 90 day supply...you take one at night before you go to bed, it makes me sleep so peacefully and not feel groggy in the a.m Not selling these..:laugh: plus they are very low cost OTC but simply sharing what's worked for me and worked well!

Ingredients:
    Calcium, Magnesium, Valerian Root, Hops, Skullcap, Chamomile, Passion Flower, L-Taurtine, and Melatonin.

So as you can see the ingredients are natural relaxants..just tossing out the idea for those of you that are long time insomniacs, it might help?

Cheers :drinker: for us getting back to sleep or getting off work soon, whatever the case may be.

Hearts:heart:
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    I'm not sleepy either... but then it's only 3.40pm here!

MFP never sleeps...... (said in a deep, slightly creepy, voice-over voice)
    :laugh: tis true! It's open 24 hours:smokin:
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    cant sleep
    Sorry to hear that Todd, depression is tough, do you own any animals? I know my cat helps me get through A LOT when I'm feeling blue, but there are times, she's not even able to. I find now that going to do strength training is knocking the blues out of me better than anything else I've found.

But, it takes a certain frame of mind to be able to get out of bed, out of the house and TO the gym, unless you workout at home. If you have weights, pick them up and just start doing curls, even just for a couple minutes, it just might help put your mind on a bit of something else.

Warm hugs sent your way and to anyone else unable to sleep or dealing with depression, I absolutely can relate to both but particularly depression, mine comes and goes and I never no when it exactly it'll hit me.

I agree, it most definitely DOES suck! Losing weight, gaining more control of my life, moving my body more, has been helpful, I make a commitment to myself that I WILL hit the gym and then feel bummed at myself and then get blue if I break my commitment to myself. Seems to be working most times to keep the blues at bay.

Cheers for a brand new day full of good thing, sunshine and most of all HOPE:heart:
  • chanson104
    chanson104 Posts: 859
    Options
    Not only does MFP help me lose weight, it helps me stay awake at work...only 4 hours to go...come on 7AM!

What he said!! :yawn: