Where you all hiding ?! Uk peeps

Options

Replies

• angeseabridge
    angeseabridge Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm from Hertfordshire.

I joined up on here about two weeks ago, I'm following the Rosemary Conley plan and it's my first weigh in tonight, eek! MFP has been great for keeping track. I lost just over a stone at Slimming World but plateaued after that so decided on a different approach, still have about another 2 stone to lose.

I've totally fallen off the fitness wagon, I've had problems with my neck and found some exercises make it worse so I gave up on the gym, I was hoping to get back out walking at lunchtimes but it's seems to have been raining ever since the gym membership ran out!!!

Good luck with your journey, feel free to add me too! xx
  • freeli
    freeli Posts: 43
    Options
    Hi, I'm 32, near Edinburgh. Feel free to add me :)
  • Treese333
    Treese333 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi i:smile: ve only just joined this group. Im from the north east of England. x
  • Katielucas66
    Katielucas66 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    At last Uk people!!! I have been on MFP since mid May, but watching what I eat for about 1 year. Find its alot easier with MFP to keep track of everything I have eaten and excercised. Found that before I started I was eating a really poor diet which was very unhealthy and probably didnt actually help with weight loss. Now its easy to track what I eat and I am having a more balanced diet. Good Luck to everyone...xxx
  • dillonfc123
    dillonfc123 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Wahey another Brit! Feel free to add me, would love some friends
  • cameliacammy
    Options
    Hi im from London only really started using this today so i would appreciate 'friends' to support me so feel free to add :)
  • Dealsdreams
    Options
    What a great welcome thank you , not had a chance to add you all yet !!
    But will do . Right back to gym this week , pretty much starting again .
    Not sure where to start ??
    : ))
  • Deepaulsgirl
    Deepaulsgirl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend!! I have the same goals as you and am based in the Midlands!!
  • HellsBells61
    Options
    Hello - another one from Hertfordshire here! :flowerforyou: Feel free to add me!
  • lena93
    lena93 Posts: 6
    Options
    hii :) i joined last year but got really busy and now im back, ive gained a further 10lbs :( boooo but im back on track and more determined, feel free to add me, we can support eachother x
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I'm in sunny Yorkshire. I'm 48 and a few years I somehow went from around 8 st to over 15 st. I'm very slowly on my way down now. My main aim is to get fitter and healthier and I'm hoping that losing weight will make it easier for me to do that. It's not easy carrying the equivalent of an extra small person around with you all the time!

I'd love to have more friends in the UK so all feel free to add me!
  • Patovader
    Patovader Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Hi from just outside Edinburgh, been on here for around 280 + days now, reached my goal then gained a couple of pounds on holiday but still log every day to maintain. Love having friends from the UK so I can pinch your recipe ideas etc lol, feel free to add me anyone A :) x
  • SuMcP
    SuMcP Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    We're heeeeere! I've been on since January, just over half way there on a 62lb target - now focussing of fitness rather than weight loss and this will happen for you too - add me if you like :flowerforyou:
  • gerdabolton
    gerdabolton Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Well, I am in Reading, but work in London.

Been on here properly (had a dabble first time, and left: bad mistake!) since about November I think it was.

Not lost a great deal, YET.
    BUT.. I have learned about my diet, my pitfalls and my laziness (yes, I am lazy... is partly why I am the weight I am!).

My mother's death was a wake-up call - I do NOT want to end up like that. So.. time to get off my butt and do something about it.
    So it is about making many (small and larger) life changes.

It is difficult, there are so many things that compete for my time (work is a royal pain in the ***: it eats up 12 hours of my day.) and that is perhaps the thing I struggle with most: how to fit exercise into my free time! The dreary rain does nothing to help.

But.. I will get healthier and skinnier!!!

So, feel free to add me and my foibles ;)
  • melissa10666
    Options
    hi there :) im from yorkshire in the north feel free to add me if you like :) x
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I'm in Bristol but moved over from New Zealand (which is why I still think in kilos). I've been here (on MFP) for ages - lost about a stone before the big move and kept it off but haven't been able to lose more during all the moving upheaval. Finally settling into a routine and logging properly (and losing) again.

My initial goal is 10kg (about 20 pounds). Once I hit that I'll see how I go. I'd like to have a bit less flab still, I think.

Good luck to all the newbies and JUST KEEP GOING! If you have an off day or an off week - log it and start again the next day. Consistency is key, I think. Also, don't feel you have to kill yourself in the gym. I just walk a bit and I did do a bit of yoga and Zumba.

Anyway, better walk to work now, I'm late! Bye! :smile:
  • Zvyezda
    Zvyezda Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Brighton :-)
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Hiya :) from Northern Ireland. I welcome friend requests (probably because I'm back after a while off and need the motivation!), so feel free to add me :)
  • New_Keeley
    New_Keeley Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hi!!

Welcome to MFP!!

I'm in UK. Location doesn't matter but it's nice to be in the same time zone as some of your MFPs!!

Feel free to add me!

K