Had a comment on your [over] weight lately?

Options
I evidently started my diet for weight loss JUST IN TIME. I carry weight well, I can gain or loose pounds and it is not all that noticeable. But I've gotten to 20 pounds overweight now. Within the past month I've had TWO comments about how I've picked up weight. One said "I can see it in your face" (which is politer than saying they can see it in my wide butt), and the other said "oh, that's OK though" (yeah, sure).

After the first comment I started dieting (due to my current sized clothes looking more like a tent now instead of a summer outfit).

So it was good that when I had the second comment today from someone different, I could respond, "yes, but I am on a diet now". And, it really adds to my commitment to stick with it ..... yikes, people never comment on my weight .... until now!!

Have you had any recent comments that have helped you with your motivation to loose?

Replies

• BexleyGirl
    BexleyGirl Posts: 102
    Options
    Have not had the comments yet...just the looks and that has been enough to motivate me!
  • NoSharpei
    NoSharpei Posts: 73
    Options
    It's not so much comments from others that really kicked my motivation. Well, not to start with. When I commenced my weight loss journey I made sure I told EVERYONE I know that I am dieting. That made me so much more accountable when someone bought a morning tea to work... or if someone offered to do a latte run. I knew all eyes would be on me, waiting for me to crack... It really helped me to stay strong. Now I get positive comments like, "I am going out to grab coffees. I know you will say no, but I thought I should ask anyway" These are the comments that really reinforce how far I have come, and help keep me on the right path! ;)
  • lauravasseur
    Options
    um yeah. My grandpa (who is 84) is coming to visit in a couple of weeks and last year when he saw me he told me I was getting very fluffy, his not so polite way of telling me I was fat. I used to be really thin and he certainly noticed that I wasn't any longer. I decided a couple of weeks ago that if he was coming up here again, I didn't want him to make that comment. So I started a diet. Hopefully he won't say anything this year, I just don't know how to respond to the old fart.
  • WillPowerYes
    WillPowerYes Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Maybe head Gramps off with "Hi there, sooo good to see you, hey I hope the few pounds I've dropped shows how committed I am to getting healthier". Or something like that, right off the bat. Let him know that you are working towards health! :)

Good luck, I hope you have a great visit with Mr. Has-To-Speak-The-Truth. :ohwell:
  • WillPowerYes
    WillPowerYes Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    How weird is this .... last night I made a comment about how the wrong foods can make someone fat to my [thin] son, when I remembered that, hey, I AM FAT. I'm sure was awkward for me (he did not even notice, it was me that was caught off guard by my own comment .... about myself!).

I'm sooooooo glad I'm already working on this problem of excess weight! I think I had a great moment of "self motivation".
  • lauravasseur
    Options
    Thanks...