Ibs

Options
HI. just came back from a week in cyrpus and starting over agian. My scales are broke so need to get a new pair to see if i have gained, hopefully not!.
Anway just want a little diet advise for ibs. My ibs has been terrible this past week , worse than ever , even though i havent went over the top food wise, I ate veg, salad and meat everyday and i have still suffered. Glad to be back now, not enjoying the extremes of ibs at the mo and hope it will settles soon now that im back.Thing is what can have made it like this, does anyone think its the oil in the cooking they use or not. not that i over indludges as the food wasnt too my likeing.

Replies

• bubsyh
    bubsyh Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My IBS plays up when I go away, it might just be the stress on your body of travel, unfamiliar water etc and the change in diet.

Mine settles down after a few days and if not I tend to up my fibre content to help it settle.
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    For a very short-term gain, it's probably water retention for one reason or another. Could be high sodium content in the foods you were eating, or you just weren't drinking enough water while you were there. It should come off again within a week or two if you go back to your normal foods and drink plenty of water.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I find oily food a large issue for my IBS, fried food tends to make me feel really rough. Sometimes you go through periods of it flaring up though, maybe try and eat plenty of fibre and cut out anything which makes it worse for a few days, let it calm down a bit.
  • hazelovesfood
    hazelovesfood Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I dont even know if i have gained yet, need to buy a new scale lol. I hope i havent as i was keeping in mind of what i should be eating, I have developed a taste for strawberry tea though, which is lovely. I think im going to try more herbal teas as i even tried mint tea and that was ok to drink too.I know the mint tea is supposed to help the ibs.
    Normally I would have stuffed my face as much as i wanted but this time i just didnt want too and was very thoughtfull about what i was eating, I did have 2 peices of cake in that week but they were small, normally they would have been big. Im a way im glad im still in the right mindset.
  • hazelovesfood
    Options
    Well In didnt gain, just stayed the same, ive been about the same for a few weeks now, nothing is moving much grrrrr.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    What are you eating/ doing to exercise?
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    well, silly question , but, can anybody tell me what IBS means?
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    well, silly question , but, can anybody tell me what IBS means?

Irritable bowel syndrome
  • hazelovesfood
    Options
    amy1612, Im eating healthy foods everday and even those are still giving me pain, got more medication of the doc to see if it will settle it down, really painfull boughts of it through the day at the mo.