Shakiness

Options
Hi does anyone suffer from slight shakiness now that they have dropped down their calories? This happened to me when I tried slim fast for a short time. I feel a bit funny and my hands shake. Does anyone know anything that could help??

Thank you
Lynsie :happy:

Replies

• patchesgizmo
    patchesgizmo Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I am new on this journey myself, but it sounds like your blood sugar levels are out of whack.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Possibly eating more! You may not be eating enough. How many calories are you eating a day? Are you working out?
  • raingirl32
    raingirl32 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Happens to me all the time. Doesn't matter if I have 3000 cal or 1200 cal. I'll keep an eye on this thread for solutions though because I would love one! Well, solution other than eating because for me I have to eat for it to go away, but then it comes back in less than an hour each time.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Happens to me all the time. Doesn't matter if I have 3000 cal or 1200 cal. I'll keep an eye on this thread for solutions though because I would love one! Well, solution other than eating because for me I have to eat for it to go away, but then it comes back in less than an hour each time.
    What does your doctor say about this?
  • cookiefluff
    cookiefluff Posts: 115
    Options
    check if you need more iron in your diet!!!! Fast!! could be your blood sugar levels too!
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    food
  • raingirl32
    Options

I've had multiple tests done and they find nothing wrong. No one has ever been able to explain it.
  • djkamin60
    djkamin60 Posts: 88
    Options
    My guess would be blood sugar problem. Also, you said you were using slimfast, I had a coworker who had an allergic reaction to the slimfast and had similar problems. Just my opinion, but I would say run it by your doctor just to be sure.
  • Sinisi2012
    Sinisi2012 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Definitely happens to me if I do not eat enough and my blood sugar gets too low
  • raingirl32
    Options
    Also, slimfast is high in sugars/carbs and low in fibre so if you are sensitive to carb issues, they can cause you to have a sugar crash. I've done low carb/high protein and it's helped a bit for me.

I do agree, ask your doc just in case.
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I have this all the time. It sounds like a blood sugar issue. Try to eat foods that are lower on the glycemic index, and have a small snack every few hours (for me it's every three). The trick is to never let your sugars spike, and never go so long between meals that they drop. You'll have to try for yourself to perfect it but the guidelines I gave from my experience should help a little! Good luck.
  • MollyMinx
    MollyMinx Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your input. I'm not doing slim fast now but it did happen when I was on slim fast. I'll try the small snacks every few hours and see how that goes first.

xx
  • butterfly10398
    Options
    I am hypoglycemic.... This happens to me when my sugar drops too low. the best thing to counteract this is to eat fruit or some form of natural sugar.... The last time this happened to me and I checked my BS level, it was 52, which is REALLY low.... If you know someone with a BS monitor they can check your level for you, it takes a matter of about 30 seconds... I suggest checking your level next time you feel shaky.
  • davegruper
    davegruper Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I noticed I have been getting "head rushes" when I stand up, which makes me feel dizzy to the point where I have to lean against a counter for a few seconds until it clears up. It doesn't happen often, but it did start when I began losing weight. I try to drink more water and that seems to help.
  • BobsLittleBird
    BobsLittleBird Posts: 28 Member
    Options

I've had multiple tests done and they find nothing wrong. No one has ever been able to explain it.

Have you every been tested for hypoglycemia its the opposite of diabetic
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I'm experiencing quite the same thing. I don't experience any physical shaking of hands and such, but this will sound crazy...

But when I eat undercalorie, It is like my cells are vibrating under my skin. It is almost energizing!

I kind of just thought that it was like withdrawals like alcoholics and drug addicts have because it is some times described as it feels like their skin is crawling. I am definitely a food addict. I've tried to explain it to my co-workers but they think I'm nuts.

Anychance it is just calorie withdrawals?
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I am having exactly this issue - a little bit of 'head rush'/dizziness. I am eating my calories - which is very close to how I was eating before I started and I am rarely hungry. But I have lost more than the 1 pound/week I was aiming at.

One thing I learned from logging all my food is that I am VERY VERY low on iron intake. When I take an iron pill every day the dizziness goes away, so I'm assuming that's the culprit. I was probably a bit light on iron before and when I cut back a bit on food intake, it tips me into the dizziness zone.

I used to have this problem when I was young and skinny. I'd be thrilled to have it again!
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options

Yes, this sounds like exactly what I have - being hypoglycemic myself. If I have something sugary, an hour later I get the shakes and get dizzy. On weekends, if I'm sitting around having coffee in the morning and haven't eaten yet, same thing.

Some others have pointed out that eating small meals frequently will help this. I usually have a piece of fruit to bring me back from that yucky place.
  • raingirl32
    Options

No, I don't think so. I've only been tested for diabetes which was negative. I'll ask my doc about it next time I'm in as I didn't know there was a test for anything blood sugar related other than diabetes.
  • patchesgizmo
    patchesgizmo Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I noticed I have been getting "head rushes" when I stand up, which makes me feel dizzy to the point where I have to lean against a counter for a few seconds until it clears up. It doesn't happen often, but it did start when I began losing weight. I try to drink more water and that seems to help.

Head rushes is low blood pressure