Hi, kinda new and need some oomph!

Options
Hey, my name's Jordan and I'm 19 y/o and 15 stone. :(

2 years ago I managed to get my weight down to 10 stone and I was extremely happy! Since being with my boyfriend I put on the 5 stone in about a year. Now I am getting married next year, on 8th June and would love to at least get back down to a size 12.

Unfortunately I am lazy. I have no motivation regardless of my marriage. I have a back problem so things like sit-ups aren't an option for me even though I could solve a lot just by doing them!

I don't seem to have any family or friends I can talk to and will motivate me as I tried asking for motivation today and nothing. So I kinda need some help :)

Replies

• sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    Need to find mine too .... I know I had it it just keeps getting lost ...

Congrats on the engagement :)
  • cjweeden
    cjweeden Posts: 5
    Options
    Motivation is what you make of it. I finally broke down and bout a treadclimber for my house so it would be harder for me not to exercise. With Three small children running around it's difficult to find any time for the gym.
  • Zombie_X
    Zombie_X Posts: 13
    Options
    Thank you, hope you find it soon!
  • NikkiSmo
    NikkiSmo Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Here's a quote:

If you really want to do somethng you will find a way
    If you don't you will find an excuse.

You have to want to change for you. Until that happens you will keep going up and down. It has to be a lifestyle change not a "diet" or quick fix. I'm doing the couch to 5K and it has been amaizing! Not easy but the feeling I get after I finish makes me what to keep doing it, not to mention the changes I'm seeing in my body are also very exciting. I like you never would have guessed I could do it but here I am. So find that spark and light it, you will thank yourself later!
  • Zombie_X
    Options
    @cjweeden, I know that I need to do it myself I just can't find that motivation :( I know I especially don't have ANY excuses as I am currently unemployed with no children and have the wii and a multigym.
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Jordan, the ONLY way you're going to lose weight is if you motivate yourself. I spent 24 years of my life being obese and always wanting to lose weight but never being motivated. I changed that in December and I swear to Christ that I wish I would have known how easy it could be to get healthier as long as there's a fire within yourself to make it happen.

You should sit down and have a talk with yourself about why you're not motivated. Figure that out while you start making healthier food choices. Remember to tell yourself that you don't have to do this forever... you just have to do it today. So, if you ever get down and sad thinking you'll never have this or never do that again, remember it just has to last a day and not the rest of your life. Eventually the change in choices will become automatic and you'll probably be way less stressed than if you were to dive in looking a year from now instead of 24 hours.
  • Zombie_X
    Options
    @NikkiSmo; I am trying to change my lifestyle as I don't like how I am. I am currently in the process of a job rota where I do some exercise and a house job every day and at the end of the week get a treat if I complete most of it. I managed that for a week though since the bank holiday hadn't been able to get back into it.
  • Zombie_X
    Options
    @christibam; I agree totally it's just finding that spark to start with.
  • christibam
    Options
    @christibam; I agree totally it's just finding that spark to start with.

You have a small spark growing inside you now. That's why you're here, I'm guessing. I guess just ask yourself this:

Would you rather put in a crap ton of hard work now and have the body you've always wanted a year from now orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr continue to lack motivation and be in the same place (or heavier) a year from now?

Trust me, once you see weight coming off at first, you'll be happy and see that it's worth it. Just stick to it and tell yourself that YOU are the only person that can truly motivate yourself to do this. It doesn't matter how many people are behind you in the end because you're the only one making every choice to do it or not.
  • Zombie_X
    Options
    @christibam; Thank you, I think it's just hard due to the fact I've never done this before, I don't seem to be getting any help from anyone around me and all I've ever seen is my mum constantely giving up.
  • senahauenstein
    Options
    Ok so I think you may get a bit of a giggle out of this one because of your user name. Think of it at part of your zombie survival plan. Make it fun! I know I have gone out in the yard at my folks farm and even did a walk through shooting at "zombies" with my nerf gun. It's walking around and it's amusing so best of both worlds! I know where I live we have zombie walks downtown and it's a huge group dresses up as zombies and they don't walk very fast because well they are zombies! I hope maybe this helps a little or that you get a laugh out of it!
  • FitGrandma61
    Options
    I will be glad to give you all the motivation and support you need!
  • christibam
    Options
    Ok so I think you may get a bit of a giggle out of this one because of your user name. Think of it at part of your zombie survival plan. Make it fun! I know I have gone out in the yard at my folks farm and even did a walk through shooting at "zombies" with my nerf gun. It's walking around and it's amusing so best of both worlds! I know where I live we have zombie walks downtown and it's a huge group dresses up as zombies and they don't walk very fast because well they are zombies! I hope maybe this helps a little or that you get a laugh out of it!

HAHA That's awesome. A good friend and I have a zombie survival plan just for ****s and giggles. It includes me losing weight so I can run away from them faster and get through smaller spaces.
  • Zombie_X
    Options

Haha! That's cool, my bf actually used to live on a farm and has proper air rifles :P Though my username is actually from my stage name. Derived from the song zombie - the cranberries. awesome song.
  • Zombie_X
    Options
    Okay so I just did half an hour on Just Dance and really went for it lol.
    Still don't feel better yet as it's only the first day and not exactly seeing any results.

Is that like a pitiful amount of exercise for today?
  • Presley0381
    Options
    We have the same wedding dates :happy: I'm trying to lose 100 or more lbs by then. Feel free to add me.
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Still don't feel better yet as it's only the first day and not exactly seeing any results.

A half hour is a great start! Everyone on here is right... you have to motivate yourself. And it didn't take you a day to put on the weight. It will take more than a day to lose it.

Just keep it simple in the beginning. Aim for 30 minutes of sweaty activity every day and track your calories on MFP. You'll be surprised at how much just those small changes can do for you. Switch up your activity too. Walk one day. Just Dance it another day. It will get easier.

I was in your exact same place a few years ago. "I don't look THAT bad. I feel fine. Frozen pizza isn't THAT bad for me." I can tell you that two years later, I would never go back to where I started, and you won't either. Just jump in there and do it! Exercise for today - CHECK! You're already on your way.

Weigh in once a week. Track your measurements once a month. This can happen for you.
  • Eleisabelle
    Eleisabelle Posts: 365
    Options

No, it's not pitiful! Every little bit counts. If you're trying to motivate yourself, know that those little bits add up--and challenge yourself to find different places in the day where you can add more little bits! If you're bored in the middle of the day, go for a walk or turn on some loud music and dance while you vacuum or something.

You can do it!
  • izuniga22
    izuniga22 Posts: 3
    Options
    hey! congrats on the engagement! i found that teaming up with a workout partner helps. i started doing zumba, this is my first official week on this site and i am hoping for the best :smile:
    the hardest part for me so far is remembering to log in my food! stay positive
  • catnmouse2
    Options
    find things that you enjoy doing: walking, zumba, yoga..etc. If you think working out includes things like running or sit ups, and you hate doing those things, you'll never find the motiviation to do them. Start small, park in the back of the parking lot and walk in, take the stairs in stead of the elevator. You may find that as you lose the weight with these small things, running or other activities may become easier and more enjoyable. Start small but do start!