Ladies that gained alot of weight during pregnancy.....

Options
How do you lose the muffin top and the pouch? I think everyone knows what I am talking about ! lol. I walk and do the elliptical 6 days a week(45 min usually). I hate weights so unless I absolutely have to I dont want to lift weights. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

(Also, does the muffin top and "pouch" dissapear as you lose?

Replies

• SBHWeav
    SBHWeav Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew the answer! I am new around here but this is one of my biggest problems!
  • sdavis448
    sdavis448 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I've lost 50 pounds since my daughter was born.. stomach is definatly getting smaller, but I do have a wierd pooch that I don't think I'll ever get rid of after 2 c sections :(
  • ritmeyer
    ritmeyer Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Picture to the left on my profle was 3 years ago after I had my son...I gained 90 lbs. Picture on the right a few weeks ago, plus another kid later. I am 110 lbs lighter than the day before I had my son. My stomach is really starting to look soooo much better naked, but no muffin top in clothes!!! You can't spot reduce, unfortunatley. I attribute my personal success to several things.

1. I eat very little sugar & grains. Mostly healthy fats, fruits, veggies and protein
    2. I am a runner. 15-25 miles a week. Most of which is pushing 2 kids in a stoller
    3. I do/instruct crossfit type classes 3-5 times a week. Its stroller fitness! These include bodyweight excersises, weights, interval training. These have toned my body like crazy!!!

Just keep working!! It's not quick, but it can happen.
  • Brizoeller
    Brizoeller Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    You have to work out your whole body. You really can't just spot reduce. I was at 225 when i gave birth to my son. Now i am down to 142. My stomach has totally changed due to walking and also doing the 30 Day Shred.