New To MFP and Need Great Friends

Options
Hello All,
My name is Adria, and today is the first day of my lifestyle change. I need all the help I can get. I am so addicted to sweets and chips. All the unhealthy things. I really need friends that are very supportive. So we can help each other. My first Mini goal is to lose 18-20 pounds by July 23. Thats roughly 3 pounds a week.

Replies

• leahartmann
    leahartmann Posts: 415
    Options
    You go, girl! That´s a lot of weightloss a week, but go for it. I´m serious about changing my lifestyle, but my sweet husband buy me cakes and icecream. I love icecream, just can´t say no.... I just started to run, but I have to run alone. I´m gonna need motivation and encouragement to stick to my lifestyle change. I´m very motivated right now, but I know there´s gonna be hard times. Feel free to add me, if you want to. I try to keep the number of friends low, so I have time to each and can comment regulary. Good luck with you lifestyle change. With the support from MFP, you´re gonne get far.
  • noelkm67
    noelkm67 Posts: 118
    Options
    Hello and welcome! Three pounds a week is really a lot. I support you but don't want you to get discouraged if you aren't seeing three pounds every week. I have 90 pounds to lose in total and am losing 1 - 1.5 pounds per week.

Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • ericwest47
    Options
    Go get 'em. I am largely in the same boat as the OP. Trying to get back down to my fighting weight of 225. Looking for 10-15 lbs by 11 July. Lots of water, no refined sugars, and tons of running.
  • azalais7
    azalais7 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Yep, 3 lbs/week is perhaps extreme, Biggest Loser not withstanding. My concern would be that making the very dramatic changes necessary to accomplish that would be difficult to maintain and possibly counterproductive; you can throw your body into starvation mode and actually lower your metabolism if you shock it like that.

One approach to try, if you're willing to be a bit more patient, is to make one positive food change and one positive exercise change each week. For example, for the first week try cutting out the chips first, and walking 30 minutes. That way you might not feel overwhelmed and deprived and potentially derail yourself.

Feel free to add me if you like!
  • lhill478
    lhill478 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I have been on MFP for 6 months now. I lost up to 25lbs but I have gained 5 back over the few weeks. This is my first time looking at the message boards. I would love having for friends on here for support and motivation! I have 25 more lbs to go until I reach my goal... I am almost half way there!
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Im pretty new here too. About 12 days in. I just started coming to the posts and started making friends. I lost 80 pounds before, but I got hurt and depressed and eventually gained it all back and then some. So now I once again have to dig myself out of a huge hole with a lot less support then i've had before in the past. So im looking to make some new friends on here too. I'm by no means an expert, but I know a few things about losing some weight and dealing with cravings for sugary and other unhealthy foods. So OP or anyone on here for that matter looking for some support can add me if you would like.
  • Sbehlmer
    Sbehlmer Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Hi...welcome to MFP!! I have been on my weight loss journey for 54 days & I've lost 34 pounds. Love meeting new friends...feel free to add me :)

Remember one thing.....WCDT (We Can Do This!!!) :)
  • CameoDouglas
    CameoDouglas Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hello! I was once a sugar junkie as well, my down falls are probably sweets and popcorn lol. I researched online it takes 21 days to make or break a habit; 3 weeks. The mind needs time to adjust to the idea and by the 21st day approximately its your choice to continue with the habit or ditch it. I tried this with eating healthy and its worked wonders, I dont even have cravings anymore. I`d love to add you :)

Stay consistent for 21 days and I promise it will pay off!
  • mollyonamission
    mollyonamission Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Good luck lady. Anyone can add me
  • mpoole6
    mpoole6 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    hi I'm so glad u made a choice to start today. I would love to be friends and give support because I sure could use a little myself. And good luck