Not losing weight in Face!

Options
I have lost 50 pounds of weight and 6 inches waist but still I have not seen remarkable change in my face its still very fatty :sad: ........I know there are no specific exercises for losing weight in specific area of body but why is fat not coming off!

Replies

• shanighias
    shanighias Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    from face!!
  • shanighias
    Options
    title should have been Not losing "fat" in face
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    You're not suffering from Cushing's syndrome are you?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Honestly I'd be interested in seeing before and after photos because I think we're honestly the last person to see changes in ourselves.

I was probably about sixty pounds lost before I noticed. I know my mum (who lives on the other side of the country so someone I sadly don't see often enough) the first thing she said was 'YOUR FACE' but personally could not see it. (spent the rest of the trip touching my neck, which was a big problem zone for me) I've been seeing it recently but it was tonight I looked in the mirror and got the shock of my life because I actually didn't recognize the person in it :) I promise it will happen, if it hasn't already.
  • shanighias
    Options
    You're not suffering from Cushing's syndrome are you?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

No I have no medical condition!
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Have you been doing your cheek crunches? If you ignore those, of course your face is going to look flabby!

(Just kidding. Fat loss is a "luck of the draw" kind of thing. I'm kind of the opposite, my face looked slimmer right away, but I still have a giant belly. Your body will get there eventually.)
  • shanighias
    Options
    IMG_0672.jpg?t=1339426131
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    You're wrong. I see a huge difference!
  • shanighias
    Options
    shaninew.jpg
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    My face is the LAST place to thin out. I lose around my jawline and chin but keep my chubby cheeks forever :tongue: It's just how I'm made! My husband on the other hand, looks absolutely gaunt in the face when he loses down to a healthy weight for him because of his face shape.
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I come from a long line of baby faced fat heads. Or so my brother says... Just know that when you lose all the weight, your face will finally get thinner. I know this from experience. When I was a teenager I talked myself into thinking I was fatter than I actually was because I had a fat face. Don't worry, when you get close to your goal weight it will probably thin out too.
  • shanighias
    Options
    thanks all for your comments they are very helpful!