Help needed

Options
I just started using this site today and am a little confused about entering information in the exercise tab. When it asks for how long, does that automatically calculate minutes. I wasn't sure but it seems that walking at a moderate pace for 15 minutes the calories lost seemed a little on the high side. Just need to make sure that I am doing this right.

Thanks for any/all help!

Replies

• Soozie1978
    Soozie1978 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi, Blue! The amount burned is just an estimate based on averages of others who walk. Of course it depends on how much energy you personally expend on your walk. If you really want an accurate reading, you could invest in a heart rate monitor, but for now, use the averages in the data base. Good luck on your journey. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • gchutson
    gchutson Posts: 657
    Options
    Stick to your set calories.

I'm not a fan of that "you have extra calories because you got off your *kitten* for 4 1/2 minutes" thing. If you are set at 1800 calories per day (for example), and you burn an extra 300, it will tell you that you have 2100. Don't believe it.

Stick to the 1800 (or whatever your daily amount is) and go with it. The extra burned "exercise" calories will just get you to your goal faster.