Can't seem to lose weight!!!

Options
So, I've been battling a weight problem my intire life! I went from being 130 pounds at 5'7 in my early twenties, thanks to smoking a pack a day, working out excessively and eatting like one meal per day. Apparently I was on the verge of being anorexic at that time in my life. But around my twenties I got into heavy weight lifting, eatting more sensibly and quit smoking thus adding an additional 30 pounds to my frame, making me feel and look my absolute best! Fast forward 10 years later ( this month my son turns 10). And I am battling a slow metabolism, thanks to a low thyroid and a more sedentary life style. However I must admit, owning a business, having 2 teenagers ( my step kids) and my son, keeps me realtively busy. As a matter of fact I lift weigths 3 times per week utilizing a method I recently started where I do 3 circuits of various weight baring exercise in a short amount of time and 4-5 days a week of 30 minute cardio infused routines where I incorporate interval training, very intense intervals at that! So, needless to say, I am quite active!

Despite all the activity that I endure on a daily basis, I still can't seem to get out of the 250-260 range. I had maintained around 230-240 for quite some time until recently. I have to admit I did recently lose my father ( he had battle a long term illness and lost his battle). The stress of a death, well 2 actually ( my son's father also to cancer) were catalyst into some over eatting and emotionally soothing benges. My doctor put me on some anti-depressants that only increased my desire to eat and I got off them quicly but the damage had already been done.

I want so badly to feel better. I work as a stylist on my feet all day, sweating profusidely and surrounded by girls in their twenties doing nothing but eatting and not exercising all day! It's very frustrating when at 35, you feel like you are certainly capable of doing anything you put your mind towards, but just feel so weak when it comes to food. I quit smoking one day, that was easy for me to do, not so easy for many others, but I was determined. I've accomplished many things and my life and business and home life would deem relatively sucessful, but I can't seem to win against the war of my mind over food. I really have a genuine illness, much like a person with a drug or alcohol addiction! When will this roller coaster ride stop??

I am ready, more than ever today! I went to my niece's birthday party yesterday, it was outside in the heat, and I had to lave early because I was dying of what seemed like a heat stroke! And I felt guilty because I had cake, cookies, chips, ect; And a few days earlier my church had a swim party event and I refused to walk around in my skimpy bathing suit for the entire world to see! I am so tired of not being able to live the life I feel I deserve all because I am physically and mentally anguished by the harsh reality of my weight gain.

I do need help on this journey! I don't want magic pills. I don't want surgery. I don't want a stupid shake drinking every day of my life 90 day challenge. I don't want a quick fix. I just want a healthier life style! I want to feel better than ever, but I don't want to be deprived either! I am ready to take on a new challenge. And although I committed ot doing this a while back and have been on mfp for quite some time. I can honestly say that I have never in my lfie been more motivated then I am right now. And I absolutely will not give up! It's time to get rid of this 256 pound frame yo!! Lets do it yall!!

Replies

• sabermax
    sabermax Posts: 69
    Options
    I Am Julie C. I Have about 90pounds to lose!!!! 2weeks ago I was not losing anyweight. I also was not following my eating plan every day or faithfully exercising. Since Thursday when I went to the doctor I have lost 7.2 pounds. Also you should know that my top weight was 330. It took me about 3years to get down to 240, but I wasn't as faithful as I should of been or I would have lost it quicker. You can add me as a friend if you like!!! I will support you!!!
  • Valera0466
    Valera0466 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    It would help if you opened your food diary to viewing. Someone may spot an issue there. BTW I looked at your photos and you are quite beautiful.