Vacation Tips!!!

Options
I am going on vacation at the end of the week and I would like to hear some ways that you cope with weight loss and counting calories (staying loyal) while on vacation. I know it is hard but never say never, yes going over on calories a day or two while on vacation is not a crime so don't fuss about it. Just use it as a positive motivator to strive for that goal weight!!!

Replies

• mmurelli
    mmurelli Posts: 26
    Options
    I've been worried about the same thing. i'm headed to vegas in 3 weeks and will be staying for a week. there's 1000s of dining options and few are healthy.
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Haha yeah especially Vegas. I would say eat a salad for lunch and just try to not go over your calorie limit by too much. Even if you do just stay active and you will be fine. People dont realize but when you go to the beach and stuff most people are on their feet constantly and are active throughout the day so eating over your calorie limit is not going to hurt you.
  • nifer1029
    nifer1029 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm going on vacation in a week and a half and am bringing yogurt and almonds for breakfast, having light lunches and saving my calories for when the partying ensues!
  • mayerel
    mayerel Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I've noticed, for myself, even if I eat like a pig on vacation I tend to lose weight. I think it has a lot to do with walking everywhere, being more active (hiking, snorkeling, swimming, etc.) Try and keep an eye on alcohol consumption, but have fun!! Drink water (but only safe water!!)
  • valerie521
    valerie521 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Going to disney for a week (in 3 weeks). I just put a post out about snacks to bring with. I have a mini
    fridge in the room, so I'm going to fill that up with healthy snacks (nuts, yogurt, fruit, water, veggies).
    Then I'm bringing my shaker bottle and shake mix to make my breakfast in the room. Then we can
    have lunch out but do sandwiches (like subway) for dinners. Not only will we save money this way,
    but we will be more aware of what we are putting in our bodies.

THEN, the drinking by the pool. I plan on smuggling vodka in my crystal light and make my own
    (dont tell). My hubby is going to do bloody marys. Again, we are keeping our wallets and wasteline's
    in check. We'll be doing a lot of walking but also have a gym thats pretty sweet in the hotel.

We have thought this through obviously. Last year I went to Sarisota with my family for 5 days. I
    actually did not gain one pound by pre-planning. I have to get in a swimsuit for summer - that keeps
    me motivated :)
  • Breezy415
    Breezy415 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm going to Disney at the same time!! Too funny!!! :-)