Who all eats.......

Options
their exercise calories? Now don't start getting all worried, I eat mine, sometimes half of them sometimes all of them. I was just wondering for all those that do eat them, how many do you eat? I am not trying to cause an argument or anything, I was just wondering.

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I eat them for the most part. If I've gone way over one day or for a couple of days, I'll try to catch up a bit by not eating all of my exercise calories.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I use a heart rate monitor and eat all my exercise calories. :bigsmile:
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I eat them all. I get too hungry not too!
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I do sometimes, but I am going to start doing it all the time. I've noticed a big difference since I have started working out. I need to eat more.
  • Katrika
    Katrika Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    With me, it depends on the situation. If it's a weekend and I feel like something extra I usually will. On weekends I tend to be a lot more active, gardening, shopping and so forth. However, during the week I don't unless I've done something like mow the lawn after work. Then I might use those calories by mixing up an icy cosmo, sipping it as I sit on the patio while I admire my yard.
  • blessedtobefit
    blessedtobefit Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I eat them all...good quaility calories.
  • Boston01810
    Boston01810 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat any of my exercise calories. Perhaps a bit on a weekend if I am entertaining. But this is it and never all of them.
  • nursegirl79
    nursegirl79 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I don't always eat them all. Some days it's hard. But I try to make sure I at least hit 1200 calories so that I'm not in starvation mode. For me usually a peice of fruit will do it.
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    I eat them. Except on rare occasions where I've gone walking with my best friend later in the evening and don't get home till it's too late to eat all the calories I burned. But normally, eat every one of them!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I eat them but I do fall short and only get about half of them in sometimes.
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I burn 800-1,200 calories a day doing my workouts. I usualy eat 1,500-1,800 calories a day. So no I don't eat all of them. Maybe 200 here and there. I have alot to lose though. I'm sure as I get closer to my goal I'll have to eat more of my exercise calories to lose . Cindy :heart:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I don't eat them all I don't use a hrm so I'll do about 25-50% of the site number. I keep my deficit on the low side (400).
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses. I like to see what others are doing.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    I don't eat them all I don't use a hrm so I'll do about 25-50% of the site number. I keep my deficit on the low side (400).

I have a HRM and it is awesome, so I do eat them all for the most part.
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I burn 800-1,200 calories a day doing my workouts. I usualy eat 1,500-1,800 calories a day. So no I don't eat all of them. Maybe 200 here and there. I have alot to lose though. I'm sure as I get closer to my goal I'll have to eat more of my exercise calories to lose . Cindy :heart:

What do you do to burn that many calories?>
  • KristyO
    KristyO Posts: 126
    Options

I can burn a lot at this boxing class I take at my gym (close to 900 in an hour). It's HARD, but feels SO good afterwards...
  • dwnjjugalette
    Options

I would like to know too!!!
  • NinaDawn79
    NinaDawn79 Posts: 164
    Options
    Since my HRM has been hiding from me since we moved to our current home (Jan of 07), my methodology is to round down to the next nearest 5 lbs when entering my weight on the machines (and use MFP numbers for activities that don't monitor HR) and eat every last one of those bad boys MFP tells me I earned.

This last week has been a little crazy; I've not eaten as well or as frequently and have left 50 or so exercise cals on the table, and it pains me, but I need to go shopping and don't want to "spend" my cals on just anything at night (esp. after enjoying a piece of pizza here and a piece of cake there, oy!)

Time go home and enjoy a nice veggie shrimp stir fry!
  • dwnjjugalette
    Options

I can burn a lot at this boxing class I take at my gym (close to 900 in an hour). It's HARD, but feels SO good afterwards...

Awesome!!!
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Hi- I walk 5 miles a day. I do the 30 day shred every other day and the days I don't do that I do 30 minutes of strengthtraining. I wear a Polar heart rate monitor so I'm sure of my calorie burn. I walk those 5 miles at 13-14 minutes a mile. Cindy :heart: