eating when not hungry?!

Options
GOSHHH! why do i always eat when I'm not hungry?! help?

Replies

• AHealthyMe1lbAtATime
    AHealthyMe1lbAtATime Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing:( I hate boredom eating!!!
  • b_mcelman
    b_mcelman Posts: 6
    Options
    I do it too! Maybe when you realize your doing it go grab a big glass of water to fill you up or find something to do so you are not bored.
  • kepley07
    kepley07 Posts: 16
    Options
    try chewing gum... it keeps your jaw / mouth busy.:smile:
  • BryGuy2
    BryGuy2 Posts: 244
    Options
    I have the same problem. I eat when i'm bored, or when im watching tv. Some people try chewing gum, but it always makes me more hungry.
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I do it too! Maybe when you realize your doing it go grab a big glass of water to fill you up or find something to do so you are not bored.

I agree with you a glass of what is always better and maybe a piece of fruit when you get that craving of eating but your not hungry
  • erinschr
    erinschr Posts: 26
    Options
    I have the same problem. I find I do it more when my kids are finally alseep and the house is quite. I will turn on the TV and eat. I think I need a hobby to keep my hands busy....or I could just fold laundry. LOL
  • hcyndy
    hcyndy Posts: 51
    Options
    I have the same issues when I am bored... so I started adding fiber to my diet, when I know I am not hungry just bored I get a bottle of Dasani and add a Benefiber stix to it ( Cherry Pomegranate is my favorite) this seems to help me from eating when I'm not hungry.
    Best wishes
  • boldtsmith
    boldtsmith Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Evolution has its drawbacks; we have the "advantage" of being able to store calories against future scarcety. But the scarcity never comes so we have to rely on will power. I have gone months without being hungry. I eat because it feels and tastes good. So, until I get stranded on a desert island, I simply have to impose limits on myself becuase in the land of plenty there simply are no external limits.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    The body gives the same signals when your hungry and thirsty. Try having a glass of water if your still getting those signals have something small like a box of raisins or handful of grapes.
  • Shayna6347
    Shayna6347 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I do it all the time...especially when I am stressed or bored. Some days/nights I will go out and drive around just so I have something to do and won't eat!
  • Stacya26
    Stacya26 Posts: 1
    Options
    I like to chew chewing gum, or eating low sodium sunflower seeds.
  • ShellyShuey
    ShellyShuey Posts: 162
    Options
    Me too -- the only thing that helps is getting up and leaving the house! Break your concentration, LOL.
  • TipsooLady
    TipsooLady Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea (Dasani with fiber added)! I think I'll try it...
  • Pinkgirl319
    Pinkgirl319 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I do it too when I'm bored at my desk!! On the weekends I eat a lot less because I'm not thinking about food constantly!