belly fat anyone?

Options
does anyone know any ways to eliminate belly fat? i really need to tone my mid-section.

Replies

• gigiangelique
    gigiangelique Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    cut out sugar and packaged foods (eat clean) + cardio
  • bcthomp83
    bcthomp83 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting a diet called the belly fat cure. It's all about losing belly fat. It's basically limiting carbs (15 per day) and sugars (6 per day). The book is great. It has a lot of recipes and lists what foods you can have. It also lists alternatives to your favorite foods. I love pizza, and they have a great one that you can make out of pita bread. Something to check out. The book claims that you can lose 4-9 pounds a week, but that might be stretching it a bit.
  • gseburn
    gseburn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I don't believe you can tell your body from where to burn fat. You need to lower your overall bodyfat % and it will come off all over, including your stomach. Certainly do some abs exercises so when the fat melts away you have a shaply tummy to look at. :-)
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Other than liposuction, there is no way to reduce fat in a specific spot. Your diet will cause your body to burn fat stores overall, but everyone will have a different experience as far as which body parts slim up faster than others. However, you can strengthen the muscles in a given area, and sometimes that helps to make it look better, even if you're not targeting the fat loss.

For the core muscles, the best options are those involving isometric contraction of the entire abs / lower back area to hold your back straight. With weights, that happens in many exercises, but squats and deadlifts stand out in particular. If you're not lifting, then doing things like planks can accomplish the same thing.
  • Angie_1MR
    Angie_1MR Posts: 247
    Options
    Eat clean, get lean!
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Eat clean, get lean!

THOSE are the best abs EVER!!!!
  • hcyndy
    hcyndy Posts: 51
    Options
    I don't believe you can tell your body from where to burn fat. You need to lower your overall bodyfat % and it will come off all over, including your stomach. Certainly do some abs exercises so when the fat melts away you have a shaply tummy to look at. :-)

^ Agree
  • militarydreams
    militarydreams Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy and eat right. You can't spot reduce but you can leave your body no other option.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Only by dieting and losing weight. You can, however, tone up your stomach muscles and have it look flatter.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Cardio and diet
  • gseburn
    gseburn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Eat clean, get lean!

Um, yeah, wow! :-)
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Cardio and diet

Cardio is not needed. A caloric deficit and time. The deficit can be diet alone, or a combo of cardio and diet. Strength training will help get you the lean look quicker then diet alone, or diet and cardio with no strength training.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Eat clean, get lean!

They are great abs, but you don't have to eat clean to get them, just eat in a caloric deficit.
  • Spice_4_Life
    Spice_4_Life Posts: 225
    Options
    Lift heavy and eat right. You can't spot reduce but you can leave your body no other option.

What if you can't lift heavy because of medical problems??? and I don't want to lose any more weight. 141 and 5'8 here...
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    yes, i have plenty...anyone want some? :laugh: :embarassed:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    cut out sugar and packaged foods (eat clean) + cardio

+ watch the sodium levels, cut back on sodas, butter, dairy and lift weights.
  • lexidell46
    lexidell46 Posts: 143
    Options
    you can try the old wives tale A tsp of apple cider vinegar and drink a glass of water afterwords.
  • 130annie
    130annie Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    does anyone know any ways to eliminate belly fat? i really need to tone my mid-section.
    Try doing Kegels...Google it...They won't get rid of fat, but will build up stomach muscles
  • shariguymon
    shariguymon Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Not all calories are created equal, so eating clean, aerobic exercises and toning exercise can help abs a little more.....once you have fat cells they don't go away, they shrink, or fill. There is liposuction of course, and there is another procedure( I believe it is called body sculpting) where the fat cells are treated with special cold technology treatment....fat freezes at a higher temperature than surrounding cells, and the process will cause necrosis (death) of the affected fat cells, and the body will sluff them off. I thought about it, and then just decided to eat differently,do aerobic exercises and tone....I personally like water jogging and other water resistance exercises best, because I am nearly 68, and it is gentle on my joints......You can do some searches on the Doctor Oz website for additional insight and information.......Sorry folks, but an apple is not the same as an ice cream bar in the way it behaves in the body..........Not saying to never eat ice cream, but you need fiber, and nutrients to give your body what it needs.....not just calories!!!! There is still plenty for all of us to learn.......Logic says lower calories more weight loss, but then when you hit a plateau, you have to be open to trying different strategies to kick through it.......Our bodies are pretty amazing, and they can make adjustments to keep us safe and alive, so definitely it is not just a simple math problem........Best of wishes to everyone, and I hope we can all be great learners, because I doubt that any of us know it all!!!!
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Try doing Kegels...Google it...They won't get rid of fat, but will build up stomach muscles

You're doing it wrong. :tongue: Kegels strengthen your pelvic floor muscles, not stomach.