WEIGHING IN

Options
What is the best time/day to weigh-in? I heard it was at 6:30 a.m. Is this true?

Replies

• angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    Um idk. I know they say when you weigh in it's best to do it at the same time every week/day/however much you weigh. But I don't really think it has to be a specific time. I only weigh once a week. Every Monday, when I wake up before I start eating.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Just needs to be consistent across time points. For that reason, first thing in the morning is best for most people, after you get rid of what you got, but before you put any new food/beverage in. Additionally, I try to avoid excessive drinking, weightlifting, excessive sodium before weigh ins. So my weigh in day is whichever day of the weekend I feel I behaved best the previous night. lol
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Honestly I do not think their is a exact time that is good to weigh is, as long as your consistent of when you weigh is (around the same time of day)
  • RedWeb
    RedWeb Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I read on the internet that you should weigh yourself at 3:21 am every Tuesday. Must be true.

On a more serious note whenever you do it keep doing it at the same time. Most people get up, go to the toilet, wash and before getting dressed step on the scales. Day doesn't matter. The time, place, scales do.
  • jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I read - it was possibly on here, since I rarely go anywhere else - that as long as it's before breakfast and after you use the restroom - no drinking water or anything - it'll be as accurate as it can be. Just remember - as women, our bodies change a bit depending on time of the month!
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I do it every Tuesday morning after using the bathroom for the first time.