A really bad craving.

Options
I need some help!!
I ALWAYS get cravings.. and usually i can't say no and I'll go for it... even if i sit there for 20 mins thinking about if I should or not... it's in my cupboard and I need it! Thats what is keeping me from losing weight... when I give in to temptation.
I know, distract yourself, drink water, fruit etc.. easier said then done.
Sometimes I just feel that it wouldn't make a difference if I just had what I wanted then I'd eat like normal the rest of the day..

I'm writing this because I am dying to make a poutine and just not track it and carry on with my day... but I know I shouldn't because everyday there is a new temptation and if I always give in I wont lose weight!!

I'm sure alot of people go through this, but I feel for me its a huge problem.
What are some ways to deal with this!

Replies

• Breezy415
    Breezy415 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I tend to not keep "junk" in the house...that solves alot of the problems! BUT, if I want something I just eat it and log it...and adjust my day accordingly
  • SunshineT83
    SunshineT83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Here's my idea:
    Stop thinking there are foods that "You Cannot Have" you can eat whatever you like and still be successful. It's all a mind game, If you believe you can't have it you want it more.
    So how about you make your poutine, but maybe find a "lighter" way to make it. Then you satisfy your craving with out breaking your daily caloire "budget"
    Also, if it's not in your cupboard, then you can't easily eat it right? So try not to keep processed "undesirable" foods (ice cream, sweets, etc) in the house. Leave those for rare occasions where you have to leave the house and if at all possible, get them at a shopping center or near a park where you can walk around before or afterwards and get in some more movement to burn those extra calories. Good luck my dear and don't give up.
  • mellybelly08
    Options
    Well living with my parents I don't really have a say in the junk they bring in.. but they are really respectful and wont buy most junk.. like cookies chips chocolate etc.. but they still buy fries and all those yummy carbs.. which times like now I just wanna pig out.
    But I guess I could just log it ..... blah.
  • mellybelly08
    Options
    SunshineT83 , thanks I think that is what I will do.. even though I just wanna pile on the cheese and gravy lol!