Slow Carb Diet

Anyone try the slow carb diet from the 4 Hour Body. Day 1, and I am 70 percent of the way through my calories by lunch eating spinach and beans for 2 meals.

Anyone have experience with this?

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    I looked at it and thought about it, but didn't actually do it. Seemed to gimmicky - I tried elements of it like 30g of protein within an hour of waking to no noticeable benefit.
  • I am trying it now been on one week tomorrow. I lost 2.2 lb in four days then gained it back on cheat day. Odd result was that I lost about a half inch off my belly measurement and another quarter inch the day after my cheat day. I am recording everything on a spreadsheet and tracking those 2 stats. Not counting calories, just eating til full.
  • I did, it's specifically not about counting calories. In fact, a lot of people have to add more beans to ensure they are getting ENOUGH calories. When I was doing it, I mainly used MFP for protein tracking, making sure I'm getting enough.

My sister and brother-in-law turned me on to it; he had to stop doing the diet because he lost too much fat and didn't like the way he looked. Oh the problems some people have :)