RMR of 1612, I have been consuming 1250. Now what?

Hi there, I have been using MFP for several years, but this is my first post.

I had an RMR test done 2 years ago and it came back at 850 (unusually low, but I have hashimoto's thyroidosis, so not unexpected). I have been consuming 1250 per day on exercise days and 1000 on non-exercise days. I have gained about ten pounds over the last six months (all my fault, I started eating 1650 per day, as I was frustrated at my low calorie intake).

I decided to take off that ten pounds but needed to know where to start, so I had my RMR test done again last week. My RMR is 1612 (insert "holy crap" here).

I was told to increase my calorie intake to 1650 on non-exercise days, and 2000 on exercise days. This is A LOT!!!

I have gained four pounds this week off of an average of 1513 calories per day (I am calorie cycling, so it varies every day) with a ratio of 40% carbs, 30% each fat and protein.

I am not in this to gain weight. What now? Back to 1250? Do I need to change my ratios? Will this 14 pounds ever come off?? i actually miss when it was ten pounds, haha! Has anyone increased their calorie intake this much and actually lost weight? WHat do you think?

Replies