Question about 30 Day Shred

Options
I'm thinking of starting this, but I have a couple of questions. It's the same workout for 10 straight days, then moving on to the next level for the next 10 days, correct? I'd always heard the rule of thumb was to not do strength training on the same body part two days in a row. Is this no longer the common thinking, or is that only for heavy lifting? Also, right now, I'm trying to work out 5 days a week, for at least an hour. I've come to rely on having those extra "just in case" calories, although I try not to use more than half of them. Should I still do an additional 30 minutes of cardio? I know 30 Day Shred is supposed to be tough, but I doubt I'd burn the same calories in 30 minutes that I normally burn in an hour. Any tips would be great!

Replies

• sosubblime
    sosubblime Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just started it and will be doing Level 1 10 days straight...Level 2 10 days straight and so on. But I have heard of people switching through levels. I think as long as you do it every day, 20 days straight you should be fine. Good luck!
  • Ariberri9
    Ariberri9 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Do NOT do 30DS straight through; that is, don't do it for 30 days straight. Terrible idea. Your body needs time to rest and repair.

What I'm doing right now is doing 30DS Monday through Friday and then resting on Saturday and Sunday. I've seen great results so far. However, I read somewhere that Jillian recommends doing two days at 30DS, then doing one day of cardio. Repeat with a rest day in between.

I do a level for ten days -- two "workout weeks." I just myself the weekend to rest, repair, stretch, etc.

Best of luck to you!
  • jburls23
    jburls23 Posts: 22
    Options
    Ive been wondering the same thing...before start 30DS I had generally been doing 60 min 5x/wk and it felt strange going down to 30 min (including warmup/cooldown!) While I do feel like I get a good sweat on in the 30 mins, Im not quite tired yet.... I feel better when I add a 30 min jog into the equation after... and get the added cals burned away :)
  • jgas1962
    jgas1962 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input!