Do you have a favorite post-apacolyptic movie?

Options
2»

Replies

• turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I kinda liked The Day After Tomorrow. Book of Eli wasn't bad. I liked waterworld too, in a sci-f B movie kind of way....
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    If you want good post apocalyptic fiction pick up a copy of "One Second After" by William Forstchen. It's a really well written book with a frighteningly realistic plot line. I actually picked up "Patriots" by James Wesley Rawles and found it a bit difficult to get through.

Jericho was a good series although it has been cancelled. You can still find it on Netflix though. Another good series you can find on Netflix is from the BBC called Survivors. The Colony was a end of the world reality TV but I found some of the people on there (unfortunately most of the women) on that show highly annoying.

Contagion was also a good end of humanity movie.
  • poshcouture
    poshcouture Posts: 610
    Options
    Anyway! I love the Mad Max movies. And another guilty pleasure - Cherry 2000.
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    If you want good post apocalyptic fiction pick up a copy of "One Second After" by William Forstchen. It's a really well written book with a frighteningly realistic plot line. I actually picked up "Patriots" by James Wesley Rawles and found it a bit difficult to get through.

Jericho was a good series although it has been cancelled. You can still find it on Netflix though. Another good series you can find on Netflix is from the BBC called Survivors. The Colony was a end of the world reality TV but I found some of the people on there (unfortunately most of the women) on that show highly annoying.

Contagion was also a good end of humanity movie.

I've got One Second After, I just haven't started reading it yet. I've heard nothing but good things about it.

I tried watching The Colony, but couldn't get passed the first few episodes. I guess the fact that they were constantly being dealt one tragic blow after another, really ruined it for me. When that band of hooligans raided their camp to steal their stuff, I quit watching it. I believe, if I have a compound to protect, I shouldn't have to play nice simply because it's TV. If my family, food, and shelter are being threatened, there will be significant casualties from the approaching enemies.
  • amruden
    amruden Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    There's a really bad post-apocalyptic movie made in the 80s that I've been trying to recall the name of it. It's killing me lol. The basic plot: 'The Man" steals and controls all the world's water. A group of teens on rollerblades, no less, run away from a sort of refugee camp for kids and save the world with the help of an alien orb. If anyone recognizes the plot and knows the name, please let me know! xoxoxo!

Not "Waterworld"?
    Definitely not "Waterworld." This movie was absolutely horrible (LOL)

I agree...

The Movie was called Solarbabies.

I used to have the VHS!! lol!!
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    There's a really bad post-apocalyptic movie made in the 80s that I've been trying to recall the name of it. It's killing me lol. The basic plot: 'The Man" steals and controls all the world's water. A group of teens on rollerblades, no less, run away from a sort of refugee camp for kids and save the world with the help of an alien orb. If anyone recognizes the plot and knows the name, please let me know! xoxoxo!

Not "Waterworld"?

I agree...

LOL! Tight...thanks...cause I have been trying figure this out for a while
  • MattTheWaterRat
    MattTheWaterRat Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Any movie with Arnold Schwarzenegger.

"Having a pump is like having sex. I train two, sometimes three times a day. Each time I get a pump. It's great. I feel like I'm coming all day."
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    The Book of Eli.
    The Emberverse series, there's a show coming out loosely based on it.

Postman was good too.

Fallout series video games.
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    ---- (oops)
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed Night of the Comet, Warriors, Terminator Salvation
  • hollancia
    hollancia Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    The Road
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Priest ^^ awwwwh Blackhat, this is what I'd call a vampire... not to mention I lead the Priest into sin every day... but lols honestly... Priest is cool
  • asgard825
    asgard825 Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
  • poshcouture
    poshcouture Posts: 610
    Options

Not "Waterworld"?

I agree...

Awesome! I'm going to see if I can find it! LOL