Did P90X for the first time tonight...

Options
Casi23
Casi23 Posts: 138 Member
And boy did I suck. I started out doing the push -ups the right way. But finished MOST (like 70%) of them on my knees...I SUCKed.

Did anyone else start out so frustrated?!?!?!! What helped? How quickly do you improve? Can you still get stronger even if you rely so much on the chair for pull ups and can't even do more than 10 push ups the right way!?!?!

Grr...I really don't want to pop the 2nd day's DVD in tomorrow morning...but I'm gonna keep trying....

Replies

• Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! I've heard lots of postive things about this program and actually bought it myself tonight. BABY STEPS will be my motto, just giving it all I have. :) Don't beat yourself up and be proud that you took this first step forward!
  • dyf11710
    dyf11710 Posts: 19
    Options
    I actually just finished my 90 days yesterday and am now going to enjoy a much needed break. But yes to answer your question, I believe nearly everyone starts this way, I felt hopeless at the beginning of the workouts. For instance, on legs and back, i could barely do 20 pull-ups, by the end, I was up to 90. Good luck with on your journey, it truly is the best workout program there is in my opinion. Plyo is up next for ya, be sure to bring it, its the mother of all the workouts, it will work you real hard!

*Keep pushing play*
  • CBRITO
    CBRITO Posts: 11
    Options
    P90X.. WORKS.. EVEN IF YOU SUCK IN THE BEGINING... AFTER 2 WEEKS I SAW RESULTS...

IN THE BEGINING I COULD NOT EVEN DO 5 GOOD PUSH UPS.. BY 2 WEEKS I WAS DOING 10..

THE REASON I STOPPED WAS I FOUND ALMOST 2 HOURS, WAS JUST TOO LONG...

BUT IF YOU HAVE THE TIME... DO IT!! IT WILL WORK, BE STRONG!!
    I BELIEVE IN YOU
  • fishtetris
    Options
    dont worry you will get strong quickly when you do p90x. im half way through my first 90 and it is an incredible system. i started only being able to do 20 or so and can probably hit 60 pushups if im fresh now. the results you get will be worth it, im getting huge. day 2 plyometrics is probably the most painful day of the week. pause it when you want to break, the cardio is really hard core. ive managed to burn 800 calories in the plyometrics and ive read posts of people hitting nearly 1000 calories burned in an hour :smile:
    hope this helps good luck
  • dalar
    dalar Posts: 1
    Options
    The whole excitement of the p90x program is seeing yourself suck at the beginning and getting better and better as time goes, its a beautiful thing.... a great example of development.

Plyometrics...... they say its the mother of all work-outs and boy they aint lying. The first time you do this you will probably be unable to walk for a week :tongue: .... its one of those "you hate it, but you love it".

I agree with fishtetris though, don't let your ego force you to keep up with the people in the video if you are running out of energy and need a break, your body has reached its limit and is working hard..... don't forget if you are skipping some of the higher impact exercise (because your legs have had enough - jump squats) then make sure you are moving and not standing still allowing your body to go cold as stated in the video.

Good luck with it, :bigsmile:
  • InTheMoney
    InTheMoney Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Do what you can, even if you have to pause the dvd in order to finish a set.
    You will see in a matter of a few short weeks the improvements and you will absolutely be amazed, I know I was. I am in Round 2 and absolutely love it. If it's motivation you need, there is plenty of it here with the people on this board that can help. My first week all of my push-ups were on my knees. Now 25 on toes is no problem, but pull ups are still done with a chair most of the time. Don't get frustrated, you will get stronger and fitter.
  • jessie1
    jessie1 Posts: 46
    Options
    You will get better! The p90 is amazing. When i started I couldnt even really do one pull up and now only three weeks later I can do three, and Im going to stick with it untill I can do a whole lot more. Im still pretty much using the bands for pull ups but I know with time and patience I will be able to do regular ones! Dont give up just keep pushing yourself you wont be disappointed!
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    After the initial soreness subsides, things get better very quickly. Don't get dicouraged, we've all been there!!! Actually day 1 was the toughest workout for me.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Just keep at it!! The first week is HARD. I thought I was in good shape when I started (over 3 yrs ago). Wow, that was humbling!

There's a P90X thread going on here. Or send me a message if you have any questions! I couldn't do ONE pullup when I started P90X. Now they're one of my favorite things to do! :bigsmile: