My newest NSV

Options
I started working out in March. I could barely do a push up on my knees. NOW, I can do a few good form regular push ups! That is a huge deal for me! Back in the day, I could touch my nose to the ground while doing a push up. I hope to be able to do that again.

I started with progressions. First I would do wall push ups. When I could do 4 sets of 20 easy, I moved to elevated push ups. Same thing, 4 sets of 20 easy. Then I lower and lower until I was on my knees! They started feeling easy so I tried it and sure enough, I could do it!

Replies

• karagetsfit
    karagetsfit Posts: 191
    Options
    Bump??
  • johnm8703
    johnm8703 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    WTG! Congrats!
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo!! Well done :bigsmile: I had the same breakthrough today, I was doing an ab routine that has pushups in between and just tried to do 'manly' pushups and sure enough I could do 15 without stopping!! I haven't tried to see how many I can do but I don't think it is many more than 15 :laugh:
  • terbee
    terbee Posts: 72
    Options
    Awesome! I just decided yesterday that I wanted to start working on being able to do "real" push-ups. It's good to know that if you keep at it one step at a time, it's achievable! Thanks for sharing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!