Returning to MFP, Looking for Challenges

Options
Hi everyone. I'm not exactly new to MFP, but I'm back to make a go of it again. A year or so ago I used MFP and lost about 20 lbs. I kept it off for a long time, but it's creeping back on now. In truth, I shouldn't have stopped after only 20 lbs, but I let myself off the hook with the "I don't have time" excuse. Anyway, I'm tired of excuses and ready to get back into this thing, but I'd like some buddies and some challenges to help me stay motivated.

As far as workouts go, I get bored easily and like a lot of variety. I like monthly challenges as that helped me stay focused last time. Also, right now I'm looking for a local yoga class that is affordable. I own an elliptical, the Zumba video collection, Jillian Michael's 30 DS video, and some dance videos that are kind of fun.

If you're into any of those same kinds of workouts or know of any monthly challenges that are fun, send me a reply. Good luck on your own journey!

Replies

• MightyMae1
    MightyMae1 Posts: 208
    Options
    Hello? Anyone?

I found a weekly challenge page. Anyone found any monthly challenges that are fun???

Anyone have any recommendations to get things going quickly?
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    You might want to look into Earndit. You can enter challenges, earn points, and redeem them. This week there was a good one for a Tango card, which can be used in a variety of places.

You have to have a tracking device, such as a Fitbit.

I hope they repeat it.

http://earndit.com/challenge/view/id/611