I sooo need help!!

Options
I have my brothers wedding to go to on July 28th and I am a nervous wreck.. I have not seen my family in over a year cause I am a Military Spouse. Since I have last seen my family I have gained about 50 pounds and I am so ashamed. My family has always commented on my weight (small or big) now I am just trying to loose weight for this wedding and have no clue where to start. I am 5'3 and weight 184 pounds. I would LOVE to loose 20 pounds by the time of this wedding. I need help with what foods not to eat and what exercises to do..Does anyone have any TIPS or suggestions on how I could possibly do this ?? I have never really worked out before.. Thanks

Also I cannot eat fish because Im allergic.

Replies

• _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Without going into too much detail: Move more, eat less, be patient.

Start small, if you haven't workout in many years don't expect to become a marathon runner right away, start with something easy like walking.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    20 lbs in a few weeks is a tall order! I'm not saying that you can't, but you don't need to harm yourself to achieve such an extreme goal.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Just do what you can, and stick with it.

With a little bit of luck you will increase your self confidence and that will get you though.
  • RuthieCass
    RuthieCass Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I have my brothers wedding to go to on July 28th and I am a nervous wreck.. I have not seen my family in over a year cause I am a Military Spouse. Since I have last seen my family I have gained about 50 pounds and I am so ashamed. My family has always commented on my weight (small or big) now I am just trying to loose weight for this wedding and have no clue where to start. I am 5'3 and weight 184 pounds. I would LOVE to loose 20 pounds by the time of this wedding. I need help with what foods not to eat and what exercises to do..Does anyone have any TIPS or suggestions on how I could possibly do this ?? I have never really worked out before.. Thanks

Also I cannot eat fish because Im allergic.

My best tip is to be more reasonable about your goals. Frankly, you are setting yourself up for disappointment, failure, and unhealthiness if you are suddenly going to try to do such an extreme diet. Keep in mind that stress causes your body to hold onto weight too.

You do realize that your stated goal has you losing weight at a rate of nearly 3 lbs per week? That means that you'd have to cut about 1500 calories from your daily maintenance calories. Since you're a not-very-tall (and sedentary) woman, that would leave you with practically nothing to eat daily. I don't think you will be able to get proper nutrition on such a diet. This is not sustainable and not healthy. One pound a week would probably be a more reasonable goal for you.

You have to ask yourself whether it is more important to make the change for your long term well-being or more important to briefly impress your family. If someone makes comments on your weight, tell them you are working on improving your health. Tell them you're not really interested in discussing it. Then change the subject. If they persist, just walk away from them. I know how you feel- my mom is someone who always has something negative to say about my weight. "You'd look so much prettier if you just lost 10 lbs" and "You look too thin/unhealthy. Women look good with some meat." were some comments from her. As I got older, I told her I was not interested in talking about that and I was firm. She got the picture and your family will too.