It's going!!! hooray

Options
I started my diet and fitness just over 4 weeks ago and I have lost a stone:bigsmile: :drinker:
I look in the mirror and can see a difference, even the love handles that were giving me a problem are going. The picture to the left was taken at my 50th birthday meal in May. That shirt was really stretched over my stomache :ohwell: but it now fits me perfectly again:bigsmile:
The only thing that puzzles me is, when I started my waist measured 46" it now measures 43" I can physically see in the mirror how much thinner I am, but although the weight is dropping the waist size is now static:frown: and I fit a size 40 trousers:huh: Strange:huh:
My aim is to get back into my wedding trousers:bigsmile:

Replies

• hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!...btw what does a stone measure out in pounds....and as far as the pants and the measurement of the waist...are u sure you're measuring around the right part of ur waist? :tongue: i dont measure over the right part...i go right over the belly but they say for girls to measure at the smallest area....not quite sure how it works for guys....either way BIG CONGRATULATIONS!!! you're doing awesome :bigsmile: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    14lbs I think. :huh:
  • ColinQ
    ColinQ Posts: 76
    Options
    Yep 14lbs, I always move the tape around till I find the slimmest part:bigsmile: :laugh: I go around the belly button area. I have had people tell me that my waist is where my trouser waistline should sit,:noway: If I wore mine on my waist I'd have a Simon Cowell look:laugh: :bigsmile:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    It's a funny thing. Sometimes the scale gets stuck and you don't lose pounds (sometimes for weeks, which is frustrating) but the measurements keep changing. Sometimes the measurements stay the same but you drop pounds. Sometimes you do your best and diet and exercise and do everything right and still can't make progress for a while, and sometimes you screw up for a weekend and lose 3 pounds. :ohwell:

It's fun and interesting and sometimes doesn't seem to make sense,,, but if you stick with it and work it you will make progress.
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    It's a funny thing. Sometimes the scale gets stuck and you don't lose pounds (sometimes for weeks, which is frustrating) but the measurements keep changing. Sometimes the measurements stay the same but you drop pounds. Sometimes you do your best and diet and exercise and do everything right and still can't make progress for a while, and sometimes you screw up for a weekend and lose 3 pounds. :ohwell:

It's fun and interesting and sometimes doesn't seem to make sense,,, but if you stick with it and work it you will make progress.

Look at your picture Casper!!!!!!!! Big difference!!! Congratulations!!!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I know dear, I'm just warning the new guy that it ain't always 2 pounds a week.

Thanks for noticing. When you gonna give us some cheezcake? :love:
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I know dear, I'm just warning the new guy that it ain't always 2 pounds a week.

Thanks for noticing. When you gonna give us some cheezcake? :love:

What do you mean cheezcake
  • ColinQ
    ColinQ Posts: 76
    Options
    Cheesecake :love: yes please:bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!