Don't leave your dog in your car.

Options

Replies

• tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    People are just plain stupid... if it's not leaving their pets (cats should be included here) in the car... then it's putting their infant on that little "seat" on the front of the grocery basket while still in the carrier.

Off topic, but my infant carrier actually locks onto the front of the shopping cart, making it more secure than putting it down into the cart itself. Don't assume it's just balanced up there.
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    hopefully the dog at least did something like this.

8949906-large.jpg
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    People are just plain stupid... if it's not leaving their pets (cats should be included here) in the car... then it's putting their infant on that little "seat" on the front of the grocery basket while still in the carrier.

Off topic, but my infant carrier actually locks onto the front of the shopping cart, making it more secure than putting it down into the cart itself. Don't assume it's just balanced up there.

I have never heard of this and I have a one year old... many people (and I'm not assuming you are, I am just not aware of a brand/model that does this) assume that it can, but is actually explicitly warned not to in the owners manual... and honestly, in my opinion, even if it could... it still has a high risk of toppling over... I have heard too many stories of babies dying this way to trust putting an infant carrier on the top part of a shopping cart.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

8949906-large.jpg

Buahaha! One could hope.
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

8949906-large.jpg

Police dogs.... high drive... don't like to be contained during the working shift. LOL
  • RF3377
    RF3377 Posts: 97
    Options
    Yet another reason not to like people!!

How can anyone walk away from a car and think it's ok to leave your pet there, are you kidding me like!!!?
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    This pisses me off to no end. I hate stupid people who do **** like that. I always go in the store and ask them to say something and if the owner doesn't come out I will call the cops. It's wrong. At Shoprite, I reported about a dog in a car and apparently I wasn't the only one, the owner actually fought with the manager about it in front of me, and the manager told him that if he didn't go to this car he was going to call the cops. Despicable. Makes my blood boil.
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    This just makes me sick. Those people should have the same thing done to them see how they like it
  • kristalfrissy
    kristalfrissy Posts: 158 Member
    Options

I have never heard of this and I have a one year old... many people (and I'm not assuming you are, I am just not aware of a brand/model that does this) assume that it can, but is actually explicitly warned not to in the owners manual... and honestly, in my opinion, even if it could... it still has a high risk of toppling over... I have heard too many stories of babies dying this way to trust putting an infant carrier on the top part of a shopping cart.

I don't remember what brand my carrier was--but it locked on as well. I never had a problem. But I'm not saying it should be done but I'm not sure what else you could do. Where would you put it? I refused to use those carts with the nasty carrier attached. yuck...

About the pets--I agree. I would totally call the cops if I saw this. People claim they love their pets so much that they don't wanna leave them home--so they leave them to bake in a hot azz car.
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I would be busting that window right open, wouldn't think twice.
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options

Mine wouldn't lock to every style of cart, but only some of them. Even then, I wouldn't walk away and leave it up there. Of course, since the carrier is designed to protect the child in a car accident, I would hope that it could handle a four foot fall. It also locks onto my jogging stroller and I'm sure there is more risk of that tipping over than a shopping cart.
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I hate seeing that! I leave nasty notes on the cars.

You should call the cops instead of leaving notes. :wink:

No, they should bust the effing window out take the dog out, give it a drink, and then wait for the owners. Then when they come out tell them if they don't call the cops you won't either. Also, if they let you keep the dog you won't kick their *kitten*.

I like your approach.

I try not to mince words. :glasses:
  • angelicarubi
    angelicarubi Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I leave mine in the car for about 5minutes but the the vehicle is on. I only do that when i need to go to the store and grab something quick, because he likes going on the road with me if im going somewhere for more than 5 minutes i leave him at home
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Meh. When I had a dog, I was terrified of running into the grocery store for 5 minutes with the windows down because I was sure some psycho would decide I was a "cruel" or "negligent" dog owner and have her taken away from me. :grumble:
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I will call them next time. :)
  • WhiteCoc0
    WhiteCoc0 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Sooo those ppl are from Sudbury. (where I went to school) and Also the girl works at a PET STORE!!! Crazy eh.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Sooo those ppl are from Sudbury. (where I went to school) and Also the girl works at a PET STORE!!! Crazy eh.

Yeah, they came up for Woofstock and decided to stop at Vaughan Mills. They're f*cking idiots.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I am sick of IDIOTS.
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options

Yeah, they came up for Woofstock and decided to stop at Vaughan Mills. They're f*cking idiots.

Yes, and unfortunately, the dog died, even after the police smashed the window, in a vain attempt to save the dog. A dog runs at 39C normally, and really can't tolerate being more than 41C for very long. A car left in the sun, when it was over 30C can heat up to 80C in two hours. The dog never had a chance, unfortunately.

The owners were both charged, and the woman no longer works at that pet store.
  • aegisprncs
    aegisprncs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Any time I see this, especially on a hot boiling day, I call the police and have them come and pick the poor thing up. You should not leave a poor little animal, or a child, alone, in a steaming hot vehicle. Ever.

This is why people should take tests before they can become a parent/pet owner. Pure stupidity.

I completely agree and would take it one step further: education, testing and licensing. Let's get real, the dog needs a license just cuz he's a dog, what about the owner!!!