realistic weight loss!!!

Options
I'm getting married in 10 weeks and really really NEED to loose some weight, what has others lost in this time period?? whats a realistic weight loss or inch loss??

Replies

• Naughtybiscuit
    Naughtybiscuit Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    In my first 10 weeks I lost 20lbs - I did nothing extreme, I stuck to my 1400 calories and had the occasional blip. I reckon if you are proper dedicated you would beat this easily.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    with about 40lbs to go you should aim for 1 to 1.5lbs/week as you weekly weight loss goal. So in 10 weeks 10-15lbs.
  • Kelli0416
    Kelli0416 Posts: 8
    Options
    I have lost 6 lbs in 2 weeks just by doing low carb. And a little exercise.
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    You could lose 15-20lbs. 1.5-2lbs/week. work out 1 hour/day moderate cardio 30-45 mins and do some weight training. You want to reduce your caloric intake as well. Watch your carb intake.
  • Prudiddy
    Prudiddy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You could lose 15-20lbs. 1.5-2lbs/week. work out 1 hour/day moderate cardio 30-45 mins and do some weight training. You want to reduce your caloric intake as well. Watch your carb intake.

Thanks Jenn, I agree, I lost 14 lbs doing exactly what she just said. I did not cheat at all, I believe it is consistency.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in 10 weeks and really really NEED to loose some weight, what has others lost in this time period?? whats a realistic weight loss or inch loss??

What do you weigh now?

Can't say what's realistic without knowing your starting point, but 1% a week is a good bet.
  • puddygirl13
    puddygirl13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    First of all, CONGRATULATIONS! You can do it! Stay focused and follow your recommended calories on MFP. I lost about 20 pounds in my first 10 weeks of following the calorie recommendation on MFP. I did work out for about 30-45 min 5 times a week and tried to steer more toward low carb and high protein choices. You will be busy with the wedding and the stress might slow you down (it did me when I got married about 8 months ago) but keep it up and you will succeed! :wink: