Motivate me, please

Options
I'm about 120 days into this. I'm past the exciting part and the newness has worn off.

How do you keep motivating yourself at this point? I was "off" for a few weeks because of a minor surgery (appendectomy), but have struggled every single day to get my healthy lifestyle mojo back.

I miss my mojo!!

Replies

• leahartmann
    leahartmann Posts: 415
    Options
    Motivation is easy in the beginning, but gets harder as times goes by. I´m impressed, that you have managed to be motivated for 120 days, that´s a long while. Ofcourse you `hit the wall´ now and then. Have you lost any weight during the 120 days? A lifestyle change takes a lifetime. Don´t give up! Loosing your mojo for a while doesn´t need to mean that you have to give up. Just keep it on a low for a while, try to pick up your good habbits again. Give you self time to get back on your feets after the surgery. And do what you do- hold on!
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Change up your routine - make it fun! Seeing and feeling results are the ultimate motivator. While I have not seen the scale move in weeks - I have seen changes in my definition, so that keeps me going and wanting to do more. Find people who will help motivate you and keep you focused. Remember why you started this journey in the first place. Give yourself little (achievable) goals and then reward yourself. One step at a time, but remember you are worth every single step and each step is a chance for a new you!! Keep up the great work!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Bluntly put. Change your outlook. YOU CREATE YOUR OWN Motivation.

You either WANT this, or you don't. The choice is always yours, make one and act upon it.
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Here I am motivating you......get off you *kitten* and quit complaining and keep moving!!! :laugh:
  • Tall_E
    Tall_E Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    You can do it! The surgery is just a temporary setback. With what you've already done, you'll be back at it in no time. One step at a time, one meal at a time, focus on your goals. Might help to look at some of the success stories shared on MFP.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I have been here since Feb.. I lost my motivation for about 2 weeks recently. I still ate well but could not bring myself to exercise. A big part of it was due to an injury that was affecting me emotionally more than physically but none the less I felt drained and missed my "mojo".

Last week I said enough is enough, and FORCED myself to start back up on my routine. I just did it. I have done it everyday since and each day gets better. Just like before. Something that always helped me was downloading new music. I love music, so that always gets me pumped.

It really came down to me wrapping my head around the reality. I want to change. It won't happen until I get off my bum despite the force pulling you back. Make a new workout plan/routine and commit to it.

YOU CAN DO IT!
  • chica23GK
    chica23GK Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Remember your goals - keep your eyes focused ahead just a little ahead of the road! Remind yourself that YOU WANT THIS :) Don't let negative thoughts prevail - push them off! My momma always said "can't is won't." Growing up, I hated that until I learned how true it is. Every time, I hear myself say "I can't" I have to admit that it's really, truly because I don't want to. We can, so we will. :)
  • paulitaescobar
    paulitaescobar Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am in a similar boat. However, I am new here. I have found that I needed motivation in different aspects for example cleaning my kitchen to work with me rather than aginst me. Same with grocery shopping etc. I have found a ton of great tips and tricks on skinnymomskitchen.com I follow the facebook page because I don't like to read a lot- but maybe there is something there that you find interesting. Good luck! Let me know if you like it and if anything motivates you.
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Thanks, peeps. This is what I needed to hear.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I heard that if you don't stick to your program, a dirty, little, two-foot tall man will do nasty things to your ear while you sleep. That's just what I heard, but I don't want to find out if it's true or not.