Making the right choices.

Options
Today we are having a party for a guy that was let go last week due to a "reduction in force". He's been with our company for 17 years and I have worked with him for 8 of those. He was told on Thursday that his last day would be Friday so we couldn't pull a party together that quick. Anyway, for the last several years when his birthday would come around I would fix him Swedish Meatballs and boy are they yummy. I told him that if he would come in today I would fix them for him. When I got home last night and started putting it together I figured out it would be over 400 calories for just 6 of those little boogers:mad: . I told my husband there was no way I could eat those for lunch. I would be starved to death. So...I decided to bring something I could eat as well as the meatballs for my friend. Now I'm going to be having a delicious and lo-cal lunch AND make a friend happy. Where I was going with this is that another coworker told her boyfriend (who needs to lose weight) that I wasn't even going to eat the meatballs because of the calories and he said that he was amazed at me being so dedicated and he's proud of me.:happy: I'm just hoping that one day he will see that if I can do it He can do it and join me. It's all about CHOICES.

Replies

• faithjobes
    faithjobes Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    good job! i'm proud of you! i had to endure a similar situation this weekend. My hubby had over half a pizza while I ate subway instead. Boy, it was tempting. I knew I couldn't eat only one slice so I didn't eat any. Yay for us!
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Big Upz to you mom you absolutely right about that:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • KristyO
    KristyO Posts: 126
    Options
    The feeling you have when you make the right choice is AWESOME. Way better than the taste of pizza and meatballs.

Good job ladies!!! :drinker:
  • lagavica
    lagavica Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    :wink: well done ladies
  • cdickey
    cdickey Posts: 230
    Options
    Thanks everybody! I think knowing I made the right choice and other people noticing it makes me feel even better. Maybe it will "inspire" someone else to make better choices. I'm not one to cram weightloss down others throats but you all know what I mean.:wink:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody! I think knowing I made the right choice and other people noticing it makes me feel even better. Maybe it will "inspire" someone else to make better choices. I'm not one to cram weightloss down others throats but you all know what I mean.:wink:

That's fantastic! You are a great role model. You have probably aready inspired other people too that you aren't aware of .. including us here at MFP :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!