Bummer....

leighoconnell
leighoconnell Posts: 217
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm in a cast at the moment and my scale at home wont work will be balancing on just one foot so I can no longer do a weekly weighin. I'm really bummed out because watching that scale go down every week really kept me motivated. I'm terrified that in 8 weeks when the cast is removed that I will get on the scale and see that it didn't go down at all. I still plan on eating healthly and walking on crutches burn 3 times more calories than just walking but....

Replies

• Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Get out a tape measure! That is a good way to see exactly what's going on! I'm betting at the end of the 8 weeks you are in for a pleasant surprise!
  • juliep63
    juliep63 Posts: 84
    If you eat properly, you should still lose weight. MFP puts you at a calories defecit, so you're still burning. I would go adjust your goals to "no work out" and it will adjust your calories and such. That way, you can still stay on track. That's what I've done with a sprained ankle.
  • I would take that as a challenge! I would see how much weight I could lose after the 8 weeks was up. I would focus on how good it would feel to finally weigh in and see a huge difference. "walk" as much as possible since it burns so many calories and make smart food choices. It might be easier for you when you can focus on how your body FEELS rather than what the scale says.

Good luck! Don't get discouraged.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.