Is This Normal?

Options
I'm used to drinking maybe a glass of water a day... aka being really unhealthy! As a result, I rarely have to use the ladies room. This week, I've increased my liquid intake about 4x and I find I have to use the restroom ALL the time! My bladder must be super small! So as gross as this might be, I can't help but wonder how many times a day do you #1 if you drink a healthy amount?

Replies

• happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I generally drink about 100 oz a day..and I pee pretty much constantly, lol

I get up at least once, but usually 2x per night

On the plus side, I don't eat much and I'll never be dehydrated!
  • MalissaDC
    MalissaDC Posts: 123
    Options

me too
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    Your bladder will adjust. Keep drinking. You need liquid!
  • JediMaster_intraining
    JediMaster_intraining Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Of course it's normal! I drink a lot of water... Gotta go constantly!
  • gchutson
    gchutson Posts: 657
    Options
    I'm used to drinking maybe a glass of water a day... aka being really unhealthy! As a result, I rarely have to use the ladies room. This week, I've increased my liquid intake about 4x and I find I have to use the restroom ALL the time! My bladder must be super small! So as gross as this might be, I can't help but wonder how many times a day do you #1 if you drink a healthy amount?

I drink 1.5 gallons a day. I've peed three times since I started typing this.
  • irishcailin2012
    irishcailin2012 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I know how it feels, while in labour I damaged my bladder which meant everytime i had a drink there had to be a toilet nearby. Roll on 9 years and i still was the same way!! I'm 33. I would only have about 3-4 glasses of fluid A WEEK because I knew that when I'd have a drink I'd have to get to the toilet very soon after. I would become so dehydrated I'd gulp down a pint after a few weeks. I now have forced myself to drink 8+ glasses of water a day and believe me, it does get better!!!
  • Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I've read that having at least 3 "clear" urinations is a good indication that you're getting enough liquids. I typically drink 12-16 cups depending on what activities I have through the day.
  • faefaith
    faefaith Posts: 433 Member
    Options

me too and yup! :wink:
  • natvanessa
    natvanessa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    When I started to majorly increase my water intake a few years ago, I was so bummed about about this "side effect". But you know, it is worth it. I always feel a little lighter after I go, and it's good to just think about all the stuff that is being flushed out when you go. Plus getting up constantly only adds to your calorie burn every day (just a little, but it's something).
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I drank 90oz today, but on a regular day, I'm luck if I get 40oz...which is terrible b.c I don't drink anything but water.
  • tauny78
    tauny78 Posts: 180 Member
    Options

I drink 1.5 gallons a day. I've peed three times since I started typing this.

So very funny!! I'm feeling like that today! I swear I've gone about 20 times today!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I was always encouraged to build up the amount slowly over the course of a week or two. I hurt my kidneys something awful trying to hit 8 cups a day when I'd previously barely drink one!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I generally drink 80-100oz a day. I go to the bathroom every 1-2 hours during the day.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    5-15 times is considered normal.

It's ok to pee more than you did before, keep drinking as much water as you need.
  • slcostel
    slcostel Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I noticed that happened to me when I increased my water intake. Partly because I drank like 7 glasses of water in 2 hours, and then also partly because it was a major change for my body.

Stick with it, space it out, and your body will adjust. Also, if you increase your exercise, your body will absorb more--> making you pee less.
  • yustick
    yustick Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I drink about 150 oz of water per day. I have read that you should drink 1/2 oz for every pound of body weight. I pee about once an hour during the day. I continue to pee once an hour for the first three to four hours after I go to bed, then I get a break for about three hours.
  • cheesy_blasters
    cheesy_blasters Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Happened to me too!