This may seem like a dumb question...

So over the past few days I have noticed an increase in my appetite, nothing huge but I have been having to use my will power to not snack. So I guess what I am asking is should I eat the extra 200-300 cals or should I keep trucking?

Replies

• EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Are you eating enough for your exercise level? Are you getting enough fiber and water (they help you feel full)?

If so, then it might be one of those weeks. I get them sometimes, where I feel like I could eat everything in sight. Then I have a week where I barely want to eat.

If you want the extra 200-300, you could always increase your exercise to make up for it. I can burn 200-300 calories doing 20 minutes of high-impact aerobics (with my heart rate between 130-140 most of that time). Sometimes, it's worth it if you really want a big bowl of cereal or a brownie. :)

I find that if I work out super hard, I'm practically starving. I've found that having cheese or peanut butter usually helps, but you also might need some carbs for energy. The fitness buffs might have better answers for you. I do mostly cardio and not much lifting. (I'm easing it into my routine.)
  • Cwilbanks12105
    Cwilbanks12105 Posts: 99 Member
    Are you actually physically hungry, or do you just want to eat?

I never deny myself if I'm hungry.
  • kmjacobs93
    kmjacobs93 Posts: 46 Member
    Here's the root of the problem, this whole calorie intake is weirding me out. Some people say 1200 some say your BMR and frankly I am unsure of what I should be eating based on the fact that every time I look into it all I find is arguing. I am currently eat 1250 calories a day and I have lost 21 pounds from it, but this past few days I get home from work and all I want is food. So...I am unsure...
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Here's the root of the problem, this whole calorie intake is weirding me out. Some people say 1200 some say your BMR and frankly I am unsure of what I should be eating based on the fact that every time I look into it all I find is arguing. I am currently eat 1250 calories a day and I have lost 21 pounds from it, but this past few days I get home from work and all I want is food. So...I am unsure...

I suggest redoing your goals to lose 0.5 lb per week, and take that as your new calorie limit for a week or two. See how you feel. Give your body a break from the low calorie intake and replenish yourself.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Not enough information and your diary is closed. Everything is purely a guess
  • aubreykkkk
    aubreykkkk Posts: 147 Member
    Absolutely not! This is just another obstacle for you to overcome. Your body is changing as you get healthier. Don't give in to cravings! Stat strong and you'll see progress <3
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Do you have to eat the 200-300? Couldn't you find a low cal snack of about 100? That way you'll still eat, but won't feel as guilty...