calories

Options
OK i found out that i ate 63 more calories that i was supposed to eat today...will i gain weight as the result?!?! o well!!!! ahhh its the first day to go over....:P i guess its not that bad tho!

Replies

• neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    probably not...example for me:

regular day i burn 1700 calories, MFP tells me to eat 1200, so even if i ate 1700 i wouldnt gain, I just wouldnt lose either....
    9726172000 Posts: 428
    Options
    as long as you are not going over all the time on your cals you will be fine. Once in awhile it is fine going over on your cals. it won't hurt anything.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    OK i found out that i ate 63 more calories that i was supposed to eat today...will i gain weight as the result?!?! o well!!!! ahhh its the first day to go over....:P i guess its not that bad tho!

Whenever I go over, I just try to get in some sort of exercise, which will "up" your numbers, so that you won't be over. :wink:
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    The calories in your food log are net, meaning they've had the deficit deducted from your maintenance calories already. Depending on whether you put in 1/2 pound per week desired loss, 1 or 2 pounds, MFP deducted 250, 500 or 1000 from your maintenance. So, you can eat those up (over your food log calorie limit) and still not gain...you won't lose, but you won't gain either. You have to go OVER your maintenance by 3,500 calories in order to gain a pound.

Please don't freak over 63 calories :flowerforyou:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    first, if you're at a defict (using mfp and have a goal) then you're still under anyway, just not by quite as much.

second, it's 63 calories dear, that's less than 1/2 of 1% of 1 lb. At that rate it would take you somewhere in the neighborhood of 500 days to gain a lb. that is assuming you are 63 calories ABOVE maintenance, which (see the first part) I doubt you are.
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Did you workout any today? Or will you workout today, that will make it where you are not over. How many calories do you eat a day that you are over 63 and you havent had dinner yet?
  • mrsparker
    Options
    first, if you're at a defict (using mfp and have a goal) then you're still under anyway, just not by quite as much.

second, it's 63 calories dear, that's less than 1/2 of 1% of 1 lb. At that rate it would take you somewhere in the neighborhood of 500 days to gain a lb. that is assuming you are 63 calories ABOVE maintenance, which (see the first part) I doubt you are.
    I dont go over my calories, but i try to eat my extra work out calories i start to feel miserable :sick: like i have eaten to much.:noway: My calorie intake is 1350 i burn 500-600 in my workout. I divide that into my 4 small meal plan but its like im about to pop. Before each meal i have a scoop of protien and a piece of friut or raw veggie, then i eat my meal. It keeps me from over eating. But trying to consume the rest of those calories is so hard for me to do. ANY IDEAS!!!!!! Im trying to lose about 20-25 pounds
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options

I dont go over my calories, but i try to eat my extra work out calories i start to feel miserable :sick: like i have eaten to much.:noway: My calorie intake is 1350 i burn 500-600 in my workout. I divide that into my 4 small meal plan but its like im about to pop. Before each meal i have a scoop of protien and a piece of friut or raw veggie, then i eat my meal. It keeps me from over eating. But trying to consume the rest of those calories is so hard for me to do. ANY IDEAS!!!!!! Im trying to lose about 20-25 pounds

6 meals a day is what's recommended.