General computer help?

stef_e_b
stef_e_b Posts: 593
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
My question marks turned into accented Es but not on here for some reason.

On facebook and in E-mails my question mark comes up as an accent aigu.

Can anyone help? Oh, it might help to note that my computer is Vista and a laptop.

Replies

• July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Have you restarted?
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    clicking ctrl+shift (at the same time) will change it. Did you change your keyboard to canadian? That's what will do it with vista. Change it back to US and it won't do that any more.

Oh, by the way, removing the language bar from the bottom right will solve this issue as well. It's an annoying little troglodyte, that language bar is!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    clicking ctrl+shift (at the same time) will change it. Did you change your keyboard to canadian? That's what will do it with vista. Change it back to US and it won't do that any more.

Weeeel, hooz aboot that? Didn't know there were Canadian keyboards out dere, don'tchaknow?
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Thanks! It worked. I need to keep it in Canadian for when I type in french and when I write essays so I don't get that silly little line correcting my spelling when I type colour or armour or... I can't think of anything else american spell differently.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    your welcome stef.

2 things I KNOW I'm a guru at, computers and Rollerblading. Questions on either one? Come to me. :tongue:
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Vista is evil :explode:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Thanks! It worked. I need to keep it in Canadian for when I type in french and when I write essays so I don't get that silly little line correcting my spelling when I type colour or armour or... I can't think of anything else american spell differently.

You type essays in French?
    I'm highly impressed.
    I wish the US impressed a higher importance on being fluently bilingual.
This discussion has been closed.