Random injury question

Options
I noticed a few days ago that the insides of both my ankles were extremely sore. Then last night I noticed both were quite swollen. I know for a fact I didn't fall or twist or turn my ankles. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

Replies

• sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Does not sound familiar. Does it hurt? If not then maybe you're just retaining water in your ankles...I do know that happens.

Maybe you tripped or stepped funny without knowing? Or did something in your sleep? I know I kick myself in my sleep and have bruises down my shins because of it...lol
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    What kind of exercise do you do? What kind of shoes do you do it in?
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    It happens with to me with 1) bad shoes 2) not stretching when it cool out to walk or run, or 3) being on my feet fro hours on a hard surface.
  • Kelene616
    Kelene616 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Does not sound familiar. Does it hurt? If not then maybe you're just retaining water in your ankles...I do know that happens.

Maybe you tripped or stepped funny without knowing? Or did something in your sleep? I know I kick myself in my sleep and have bruises down my shins because of it...lol

Yes it does hurt. Not the worst pain but it definitely gets my attention.
  • Kelene616
    Options
    What kind of exercise do you do? What kind of shoes do you do it in?

I walk, circuit train, and do yoga in a cross training shoe and go jogging in running shoes
  • Kelene616
    Options
    It happens with to me with 1) bad shoes 2) not stretching when it cool out to walk or run, or 3) being on my feet fro hours on a hard surface.

I did walk for about six hours yesterday at a bridal show with my sister but I wore walking shoes. Hmm.. maybe its time I get a new pair. Any recommendations?
  • Kelene616
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! I'm thinking I need to buy some new shoes. And start icing/heating
  • breeanreyes
    breeanreyes Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    you may consider getting insoles for your shoes, you can try those Dr. Shoals (spelling?) orthodic stations where you stand on their sensors and they tell you which ones to go with based on your foot shape and stance, or you can also get the same thing done at many chiropractor's offices too, its a bit expensive but they're super high quality. To help with the swelling try icing your ankles at the end of the day, do NOT use heat, that will only make the inflammation worse