Gaining Weight Still?!?!?!?

Ok, I lost weight and have gain a lot back. I was once 105 and now am 120! I eat under my calorie limit every day even on my "bad days". They say I sould be eating 1200 calories a day but once I do that I gain weight rapidly. Trying to beat the weight gain, I picked up my gym time and will burn about 1000 calories 7x a week. Still gaining weight and eating about 600 calories a day (and sometimes 200) I cannot seem to drop weight. I am soo afraid to take gym time off- imagine if I did! Everyone tells me I look "muscular" but feel just plain fat. My whole body looks bigger and went up several pant sizes. Going to the gym used to be fun but now I feel just uncomfortable and stressful. I have tried just cutting calories, going to the gym more, upping calories- all just to gain more! I just resently tried fat burning pills*(green tea) and they did not work so I started rasberry ketones (raspberry slim-no porgress yet). I really want a healthy diet but cannot seem to want to keep one because I keep gaining weight. My diet consists of mostly egg whites, 40 calorie bread, oatmeal. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do????

Replies

• suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Do you suffer an ED? How tall are you? 120 may be a good weight for you.
  • Please see a doctor. I'm being 100% sincere. You're starving your body and OVERexercising on top of it. What you're doing is EXTREMELY dangerous. I'd recommend cutting back the exercise to 60 minutes daily abd eating 1200 PLUS calories burned if you insist on continuing to diet. Ideally you'd increase your calories to maIntenance and give this a rest.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    seriously. there are so many things wrong with this post, I don't even know where to start. But I have to agree with the above poster about an eating disorder. something isn't right here. Consult a doctor.
  • FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    Yikes you are starving your body so when you do feed it it is trying to hold on for dear life. You need to eat to lose weight not starve and over exercise. Besides 120 might be where you should be depending on your height and build
  • I am 5'2 with a small frame..I don't have a ED- I am only eating this way because my body keeps gaining weight from ANY food I eat. Uhhggg this sooo frustrating. I was eating 1200 that is what made me gain the weight.
  • Well starving yourself will never get you the body you want, I can promise you that.
  • suziecue66
    I am 5'2 with a small frame..I don't have a ED- I am only eating this way because my body keeps gaining weight from ANY food I eat. Uhhggg this sooo frustrating. I was eating 1200 that is what made me gain the weight.

Have you had your thyroid checked? Perhaps discuss with your doctor.
    Do you have a pic of yourself now at 120.
  • beebopster
    beebopster Posts: 2 Member
    i'm on the same boat with you but i am precise with my calorie intake. i should be taking in 1200 calories a day and work out 3x a week but instead my calorie intake is 1150/day and if i'm going to have an intense work out i take in 1200 if not 1150 is my maximum for the day. how is your carb intake? i cut back on my carbs and i'm losing weight now. you have more energy if you eat more protein than carbs. someone may reply to my post and say you need carbs if you are going to do heavy exercise. you need to know the difference between good carbs and bad because it will make a difference in your weight loss.

try a ketoses diet.
  • i'm on the same boat with you but i am precise with my calorie intake. i should be taking in 1200 calories a day and work out 3x a week but instead my calorie intake is 1150/day and if i'm going to have an intense work out i take in 1200 if not 1150 is my maximum for the day. how is your carb intake? i cut back on my carbs and i'm losing weight now. you have more energy if you eat more protein than carbs. someone may reply to my post and say you need carbs if you are going to do heavy exercise. you need to know the difference between good carbs and bad because it will make a difference in your weight loss.

try a ketoses diet.

Sorry but this is horrible advice. You're also starving yourself. Please see a doctor if you'd rather not take my advice--please!! You are harming yourself.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    I am 5'2 with a small frame..I don't have a ED- I am only eating this way because my body keeps gaining weight from ANY food I eat. Uhhggg this sooo frustrating. I was eating 1200 that is what made me gain the weight.

honey, I am 5'2" with a small frame too. According to BMI charts ( which I find to be unrealistic in how low they expect us to be) 117 pounds ( I believe) is the line between underweight and normal weight. You need to seek help, you have an ED and you are in starvation mode.
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 633 Member
    Your body needs food for fuel.... how do you think your brain, heart, organs etc keep functioning?? At the little amount you eat, you are harming your body, 1200 calories is the minimum you need to function. It will all balance out once you increase your calories and the weight gain will stop. You need enough calories for basic body function, you are doing harm, please stop and help your body.
  • dancin2011
    dancin2011 Posts: 92 Member
    You are gaining weight because you are not eating enough. Seriously. Use the Search function on here and search 'eating more to lose weight' or something along those lines. I don't exercise much, and I gain weight eating 1200 calories or less a day. But I LOSE weight eating 1400-1500 without exercise. With exercise, I would need to eat more.
  • suziecue66
    Also, are you sure you are gaining weight. A family member thought she was gaining weight and it was quite sudden the gain. It happened that she had some kidney issues and was retaining a lot of fluid.