Hiking Gear- Beginner

Options
2»

Replies

• peace_pigeon
    peace_pigeon Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I hike and run trails in my Merrill pace gloves- they are minimalist/barefoot super lightweight shoes with pretty good tread. That type of shoe is not for everyone though. I hike at least 3 times per week, and those shoes have really helped me to increase my strength and stability, and they give a great feel on difficult terrain. I couldn't love them more :)

I do love my camelbaks as well- I have a larger pack for long hikes and small ones for running. I pack them half full of ice on hot days and not only is the cold water nice, it keeps my back nice and cool. I don't carry a lot on most trails- a multi tool/knife, a protein bar or two, a little cup for my dog to drink out of, and my phone. For longer or more technical hikes I will bring more, but I usually prefer to pack light if I can.

I hope that you get as much out of hiking as I have- it really is an amazing thing for mind, body and spirit.
  • lollypops09
    lollypops09 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the wise advise. I'm good to go now that the weather is finally under 110! I went once without anything but water and you learn quickly what you wish you had HA! Thanks again.