gym vs outdoors??

Options
fibecky
fibecky Posts: 15 Member
what do u guys prefer??
thining about leave the comfort of the gym to do cardio sessions outdoors, im pretty sure that the gym isnt doing my joints much good, i ve been going 5 times a wek miniumum hour a day for about 3 years now and i get alot of just random pains in my joints.
so thinking about letting myself los for a run on the park or something. has anyone else had a simular exerpeince??
im only 19 so really shouldnt be getting joint pain xx

Replies

• little_princess
    little_princess Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I love running outdoors :) And doing yoga/stretchin outdoors! I absolutely hate it when I have to run inside on a treadmill now! I find that running outdoors, I am able to do better(faster time and longer distance) as I don't get bored. I also like to run on grass or paths as it is easier on my knees! Good Luck!xx
  • shadow3829
    shadow3829 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I prefer the gym, that way I can never use the weather as an excuse. :)
  • chrisdavy239
    chrisdavy239 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    The weather's no excuse anyway.... running in the rain is great!! Gotta love a bit of outdoor training - especially on the bike, you get to see all sorts of new places and exciting scenery. Also, on the run, the little imperfections in the surface will start to engage your core stability muscles and ensure a more rounded workout. To increase this, a lot of people do most of their running off road or on trails. Do some cross country events in the winter too, brings a whole new dimension to your running experience....
  • madmickie
    madmickie Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Gym - good: company, maybe a tv to watch, treadmill with stats, easier to run on a treadmill
    Gym - bad: Company, sweaty, sharing changing areas, travel, takes longer.

Outside - bad: weather, traffic, not flat
    Outside - good: variety - conditions, terrain, scenery, not as sweaty, start and finish at home. no kit to pack, use your own shower, get to feel good running past others, takes less time.
  • anels449
    anels449 Posts: 3,187 Member
    Options
    Personally, I go to the gym more often than I exercise outside. I have gym classes that I go to every day and friends who come with me. I work 3rd shift so I very rarely get outside unless I want to forfeit my sleep haha!That being said, I do enjoy jogging outside more than on a treadmill. I feel I get a better overall workout outside than on a treadmill.