Not loosing..yet doing all the right things??

Options
2»

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Been doing a 1 hour bootcamp at the gym...and also walking for an hour or 2..but I could totally be overestimating the exercise component..I wouldn't have any idea if I was burning more or less than what MFP was telling me...

It's been an on again off again time period..I'd say since January of this year.

It does not matter if you are over-estimating as you are not eating them back - so it is not relevent.

I would suggest you actually eat at least 50% - 75% back (so you have the remainoing % as a buffer for any over-estimates). Also, I noted cooking prep in your exercises (just looked at one day though). If this is regular - I would suggest you include it in your base (i.e. upping your activity level in the settings) and then not logging as 'exercise".

Well, I'm a pastry chef..so it does makes things more difficult. ;) But I'll up the activity level because I do it every day. Thanks heaps.

That would make it more difficult for me period as I would want to eat all the time!! :smile:

If you are on your feet all day you should probably be at the level above lightly active (I cannot remember what that is) - that way they will be in your base calories and you will not have to worry about logging. Do not worry about days off work - the activity levels are just an average estimate for the week.

Good luck
  • ishtar13
    ishtar13 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Been doing a 1 hour bootcamp at the gym...and also walking for an hour or 2..but I could totally be overestimating the exercise component..I wouldn't have any idea if I was burning more or less than what MFP was telling me...

It's been an on again off again time period..I'd say since January of this year.

Assuming the first of Jan, that's 20 lbs in 31 weeks. . . 0.65 lbs per week, or 1.4 kg/week on average.

That doesn't seem too bad. I can understand wanting faster, though.
  • wodforbacon
    Options
    If you are really burning that many calories from exercise alone, you need to eat more actually. If you don't replace the nutrients you lose from exercise your body shuts down. Your diet looks ok, but personally I think your fat intake should be higher. Fat intake that is not stored is an important source of energy for someone who exercises a lot (along with carbs). I would suggest getting a heart rate monitor to more accurately track calories burned.

Contrary to what the government has been trying to sell us for years, fatty foods do not make you gain weight in a normal active person. I see you eat some of the fat free and low-fat commercial foods. Most of them have lots of additives which cause all kinds of other problems. Truth is, when you take fats out of foods they do not taste good, so what choice is there but to add other things to make them taste better so that people will buy them? High Fructose Corn Syrup being the main culprit. It is man made and extremely cheap, and is found in just about every packaged food nowadays, even most breads.

To put the calorie issue in perspective, my wife for example will go to the gym with me in the morning and do a WOD with me after warming up, then usually runs or gets on the elliptical after I leave the gym along with some sort of class or 2 that they give (zumba or whatever other crap they offer), and then runs home from the gym. She uses a HRM and yesterday clocked 182 minutes for 1121 calories, so I'm not sure a 1 hour bootcamp class plus some walking will burn over 1,000 calories.

IMO you are on the right track and with a few minor tweaks you should have no problem losing the weight that you want.
  • GrettaBaker
    Options
    Looking at your inputs you are staying around the 1200 - 1400 cal but if your inputs are accurate you are eating sporadically, only a couple times a day on a few occassions. Try spreading you meals out at least 5 to 6 times a day, ie breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack then dinner and if possible a evening snack and stay within the calorie range you are on now. this will kick up your metabolism and help prevent your body from going in to shut down mode. Other things to look at is your calorie, carb, fat and protein ratios. Hope this helps out. May consider 1200-1300 daily calorie intake, carbs under 100, fat under 35 and Protein over 90 and drink water religiously.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Not trying to get argumentative here - but there is no metabolic benefit of eating 5 times a day compared to say once, all other things being equal.
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    Hi maybe so but you would hardly take in all your calories need in on go!Or would you? I look forward to my meals have to eat five time a day or I would die painfully..........:smile:
  • couldbeme
    couldbeme Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    hi think im in same boat here can any give me any tips ive been doing just under a week now ill open mine to public also x:blushing:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Hi maybe so but you would hardly take in all your calories need in on go!Or would you? I look forward to my meals have to eat five time a day or I would die painfully..........:smile:

Actually - a lot of people take in a good proportion (like 80%) of their intake in one go (see Intermittent Fasting). The timing of eating is a purely personal thing in that some people like eating many times in the day (I am a grazer myself) and many like a snack and one really big meal (like IF). My point is...it does not impact your metabolism.