Good Excercise Advice!!!

Options
What is the best way to lose inches vs. pounds by excercising?

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Cardio helps burn all over flab.
    Weight training helps tighten and shape muscle groups.
    Water helps keep your skin elastic and helps it shrink down as you shrink down.

(in my opinion) :flowerforyou:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    For inches, heavy strength training. When you develop your muscles, they start to absorb surrounding fat cells as fuel while you're not even exercising. It also increases your metabolism making cardio more effective ... The muscles can also retain water which makes the pounds drop slower at first and then speeds up after a few weeks or even months.
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    It all depends on what you're targeting.

I started my program using an exercise ball to target my mid section, lower back and such through various "crunches" and managed to lose 7 inches.

In addition to that I started using free weights concentrating my exercise on each muscle individually (one hand weight vice a bar weight for two hands) in order to do the exercises with equal weight per side/area. In this manner I was able to tone my muscles equitably and not have one arm, leg, etc be larger than the opposing side.

Does that help?
  • dbg1
    dbg1 Posts: 208
    Options
    You cannot target weight loss/inches lost on one specific area. Doesn't work like that. Cardio burns fat all over. Weight training increases muscle mass. More muscle on your body, the more your body burns calories even at rest. Makes it a better machine.