Discouraged by the scale today :\

Options
Two days ago, I weighed myself when I woke up and was very excited that I had lost 2.5 pounds since the last time I weighed in (about 4 days prior). I knew it was water weight because I had finally gone to the bathroom :blushing: but I was excited to lose some of the bloating that had been pestering me.

This morning I decided to weigh myself even though I am PMSing and haven't gone to the bathroom in 2 days and I was up 4 pounds!! I am so upset and discouraged. I know it is just water weight and bloating, but I have a friend's wedding this weekend and bought a new, very tight dress that I was excited to show off.

Anyways, I just wanted to vent my frustrations a little bit :frown:

Replies

• leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    That's why I try really hard not to weigh. Some folks say it's motivational. For me, it's just dang depressing. I just do what I'm supposed to do and slowly but surely the weight comes off. Although I did cheat and weigh today, how I can stick to a 1000 cal a day diet and yet be unable to pass a scale without wanting to jump on the thing is beyond me. That being said, don't sweat it. You know what it is, it's gonna come off.

:flowerforyou:
  • Sptwoman
    Sptwoman Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Stay on course. The scale can show minor fluctuations. If you stay true to you weight loss plan you'll see results.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I went up 4lbs in 5 days and I have a wedding this weekend too. So crappy.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Two days ago, I weighed myself when I woke up and was very excited that I had lost 2.5 pounds since the last time I weighed in (about 4 days prior). I knew it was water weight because I had finally gone to the bathroom :blushing: but I was excited to lose some of the bloating that had been pestering me.

This morning I decided to weigh myself even though I am PMSing and haven't gone to the bathroom in 2 days and I was up 4 pounds!! I am so upset and discouraged. I know it is just water weight and bloating, but I have a friend's wedding this weekend and bought a new, very tight dress that I was excited to show off.

Anyways, I just wanted to vent my frustrations a little bit :frown:

Let YOUR focus be Your Eating and Exercise Plan. If you DO that, Your BODY will react in its OWN Time the way it is supposed to. NOW IF you are on a DIET, Go LOW and Exercise yourself mercilessly for how ever it takes to drop it...OTHERWISE, be PATIENT and Trust in and focus on Your Plan.
  • MaryRegs
    MaryRegs Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    i, too, struggle with the scale. My husband will say "your clothes don't lie". it is true-either you fit into clothes or you don't. I am giving myself a break from the scale until July 1st. Staying the course-staying off the scale. We are on the path together!
  • KPBlake
    KPBlake Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself last Thursday, I had gone down 4lbs since my last weigh in...weighed on Monday and I was up 4lbs again. BUT, I took a water pill right after that, and the next day I was down a pound. It's definitely water.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    My husband will say "your clothes don't lie". it is true-either you fit into clothes or you don't. I am giving myself a break from the scale until July 1st.

Very wise, Grasshopper. :)
  • beggaboo2000
    beggaboo2000 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling all to well!!! Everytime I step on the weight I think to myself: must stop weighing myself, LOL.....But I just cant stop, especially now that I have plateaud for almost 3 months and it is driving me crazy :-)) Hope those pounds melt away before the wedding:-)