Thanks to MY counter

Options
newDZ
newDZ Posts: 237 Member
Thanks to my counter, I am happy...

In fact for July since I was traveling I decided... yes DECIDED to take a month off from losing weight. So I programmed my counter for "maintaining" rather than losing weight. I sure as hell didn't want to gain anything. And it worked!!! I had a great month now I'm back on the losing track.

I would have never done this before. But I gave myself permission to have what ever I wanted (which I always did with the counter) however I wanted things in a slightly higher quantity. I'm glad I did it, because it helped me mentally not feel deprived during July when there were sooooo many parties and events.

In the past I would've blown all my success. I would felt horrible like I had to start all over. I have a history of start-overs when it comes to dieting. But NOT THIS TIME... whohoo I basically just took a "walk break from this marathon".

In the past, I would have never thought of trying to maintain my weight. I would've just eaten without regard. In fact, I never actually ate all of my allowed calories to maintain my weight. But having that extra wiggle room made a huge difference.

The best part was I kept the promise to myself to go back to my losing weight numbers in August. I loved that I kept my promise to ME.:heart::flowerforyou: :heart: :happy: :heart:

Glad we're in this together. I kept logging on a reading all the comments to keep myself in the game. I never strayed from this site. I think if I had not made it a part of my routine to check in and log my food in July I would've eventually gone back to old habits. But I loved seeing all the comments and pictures.

YOU ALL ROCK.

Di

Replies

• MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Wow - good job!! You are conquering the "food battle" the mental part is the worst - where you just bag it and lose all the progress you've made then beat yourself up and start over, etc. What a great way to change your mindset and you did it! Congratulations - and enjoy the fantastic journey.
  • Eryn47
    Eryn47 Posts: 34
    Options
    Good for you, thats great!!!!!!!
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!!!!!!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Awesome. I think maintenance can be just as hard as dieting. It really is a lifestyle change- with diets we tend to go back to our bad habits as soon as we reach our goal.
  • abatres7
    abatres7 Posts: 146
    Options
    Great idea. What a way to test ourselves if we had a mind set change already. We put ourselves on maintenance mode and go back when ready.:drinker:
  • newDZ
    newDZ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Wow I passed a test I didn't know I was taking.:laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh: :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!