Well, I did it! I ran my first 5k!

Options
This past Saturday I ran my first 5k! The heat was horrible... it was almost 90 degrees! Other than that, I did good! I finished with a time of 27:09 and I came in 7th place in my age group. I placed 59th overall!! Not too bad if you ask me. I think I definitely could've done better if it weren't so hot out because during my training I always run at night to avoid the heat. Oh well, I still have lot's of time to improve. My goal is to get my time down into the 25's!!

run.jpg

I am still happy nonetheless!

Replies

• momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Thats wonderful, good for you!!!
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    YAHOO!!! Congrats!! Be proud of yourself :smile:
  • luv1another
    Options
    well done :)
    my hubby and I are doing the couch to 5k program on the treadmill but running out in the open is harder...we will get there eventually we can now run 28 minutes on the treadmill and next week it will be the full 30 minutes :)
    I am sure you will get down to 25 minutes :)
  • welcomenuts
    welcomenuts Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! That's a GREAT time. :)

I ran my first one back in April and have done one a month since then. I absolutely love it and can't wait to have a collection of race bibs!!
    I get so excited when I have another packet come in the mail.
    I'm still working on my time (my best was right at 40min) but I get a little better each time.
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    I did the same 2 weeks ago! (my profile pic) Feels great doesnt it?!! Im not gonna tell you my time because it's way way worse than yours!:)
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    well done :)
    my hubby and I are doing the couch to 5k program on the treadmill but running out in the open is harder...we will get there eventually we can now run 28 minutes on the treadmill and next week it will be the full 30 minutes :)
    I am sure you will get down to 25 minutes :)

I am doing this as well on my treadmill (which I love the program) but for me the 5K was easier, I guess it was everyone else running and I didnt wanna look like a big sissy. It really helped push me! Good luck to you both
  • amolina0810
    amolina0810 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I have always been a runner and I am so happy I decided to pick it back up! I have only been training for about a month and a half. I am doing another 5k in September and that is when I am hoping to have my time down! You all are amazing and you will do great! The feeling when you complete it is awesome!!
  • freezerburn2012
    freezerburn2012 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!

Be careful though... setting PRs can become seriously addictive! ;)
  • mmarcy7
    mmarcy7 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    That's a great time! I am running my first this Saturday, I am just hoping to come in under 36 mins.