I sit next to a snacker

Options
So far today she's had....

Pack crisps this monring.
Lunch (don't know what she ate)
and she's just come back from the vending machine with biscuits and a four finger kitkat!

I've snacked on carrots and a banana either side of lunch!!

My TOM is due at the weekend and I'm in hunger mode where I could eat and eat and listening to her snacking is making me want to go to the machine!!

Replies

• SherryGbaby
    Options
    Ugh....I know what you mean. Everyone around me at work is super skinny and can eat tons of food a day! All they talk about is how hungry they are or what restaurant they are going to after work. It sucks but I've learned to just block them out or eat some fruit so that my body is getting some type of food.
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Can you put on some music to drown out the sound?

If you can hear her just keep telling yourself that when you are fit and trim she isn't going to be.

My boss has a jar of jujubes on his desk all the time. When he opens the jar the sickly sweet smell wafts out of his office and it is nauseating!

Try focusing on your goals and your healthy snacks and leave her to her snacks.

Karen
  • lornaheron
    lornaheron Posts: 72
    Options
    Ive just got through my first tom since starting this. I never craved chocolate and cakes because ive cut them out of my diet altogether. I nibble on dried fruit and nuts. My husband said i'll end up looking like a rabbit. lol
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    that's hard especially when they're eating all the things you like! STAY STRONG you'll feel better for it.
  • jacquelinemarie2012
    jacquelinemarie2012 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I totally understand. My job supplies "healthy snacks" ......yeah-not so healthy. And my boss has three jars in his office. One with hot tamales, one with fun size bags of M & M's and the third with bite size twix, snickers, milky way. Ugh.....

I try to forget they are there. it is hard but WE can do it! playing music is a great idea.
  • Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    She's gone! I stayed strong :smile:
  • vcorbin01
    vcorbin01 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    HA I FEEL YOUR PAIN! I HAVE A FAT *kitten* THAT SITS NEXT TO ME AND IT DISGUSTS ME WITH WHAT HE EATS...HE'S ALWAYS EATING.....UNHEALTHY CRAP AND BEFORE AND AFTER LUNCH, ETC.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!

Here's my advice for those days when you feel you need to snack. Find someone who sells Mrs May's Naturals, which are freeze dried fruits. Our local BJs sells boxes with 10g packages of apples, pears and pineapples - and the only ingredient is apples, pears or pineapples! They're crispy so you get a nice crunch, and the flavor is good. They're sort of a cross between dried fruit and a chip. And, each bag is only 35 - 40 calories.
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    I have to admit that I have been one of those guilty bosses in the past :blushing:

Now I've been bringing in healthy things for my workers and co-workers. Today I brought a big bag of mixed raw veggies for anyone who wants to pour some out in a bowl and eat them (with ranch dressing...I'm not totally clueless lol).

I don't think everyone loves it lol. I think some of them prefers the pies, cookies and cakes I used to bring in..... but at least I'm promoting healthy food in the work place
  • escobar80103
    Options
    Ok, what is TOM? I have been the snacker and in many ways still am: just I choose to eat healthier stuff over junk.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Ok, what is TOM?

Time of the Month. ;)
  • F__7
    F__7 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Try to hook her on good snacks.. maybe she will join and you can have a great snack extra source :D