Can you eat too much fruit n Veg?

Options
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has any views on Fruit and Veg eating!
Is eating too much Fruit and Veg per day bad for you.
For example:
200g Strawberries
100g Blueberries
200g Grapes
125g Raspberries
Small Apple
Large Banana
Small Kiwi

In one day???

Thanks... just wondered what some people thoght about this?

Replies

• uxbridgeheli
    Options
    Veg (IMO) is much better than fruit.
    Fruit contains a lot of sugar and needs to be taken into account.
    Veg and salad you can eat a lot of but again they do contain calories.
    Everything in moderation.
    H x
  • mayerel
    mayerel Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Plug it into your food diary and see how many calories it is. Does it fit into your daily calorie intake? Then you're fine.
  • bellaburch85
    Options
    Everything in moderation.
    H x

Everything in Moderation - even good heathly foods?

What heathly things do you snack on?
  • bellaburch85
    Options
    Plug it into your food diary and see how many calories it is. Does it fit into your daily calorie intake? Then you're fine.

Yes its all fine.... with my food diary but just wondered if too much of one thing is no good? Lol
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    I think that's a lot of sugar in one day...even if it's natural sugar your body is still breaking down simple sugars.

I try to eat more raw veggies during the day though I do eat fruit too.

I have heard of people who only eat fruit....called fruitarianism. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fruitarianism

I'm not sure how healthy that is or if it works but some people believe in it. I personally believe that my diet should be varied so I could not live like that.

I think it's great that you are eating a bunch of fruit...however it almost seems like you're trying to satisfy a sweet craving (I mean no offense just giving you feedback). What about adding a few veggies in there too?
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Too much of anything is not good. Everything in balance is my moto.:drinker:
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    better than junk, but still a lot of sugar. Does this leave you enough calories to get in the amount of fat and protein you need? If so, it should be fine, provided you don't have diabetes.

You title said fruit and veg, but there are no veggies on your list. Of fruit and veggies the majority should come from the veggies side.
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    If it prevents you from getting the fat and protein you need, then it's bad. Otherwise, doesn't matter.
  • bellaburch85
    Options
    better than junk, but still a lot of sugar. Does this leave you enough calories to get in the amount of fat and protein you need? If so, it should be fine, provided you don't have diabetes.

You title said fruit and veg, but there are no veggies on your list. Of fruit and veggies the majority should come from the veggies side.

Ive just made List public! Let me knwo what you think - Dinner is way off today but im going to a friends for dinner and she is NOT on a diet!
    I know i was just wondering about the veg! This dieting and being is hard work!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I see you are over quite a bit on carbs and sometimes under on protein. The MFP protein limit is already quite low and carbs quite high. If you don't want to change the setting you should use the protein as a minimum and the cabs as a maximum, the fat is pretty good on MFP so aim for +/- a few grams of the target.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options

Ive just made List public! Let me knwo what you think - Dinner is way off today but im going to a friends for dinner and she is NOT on a diet!
    I know i was just wondering about the veg! This dieting and being is hard work!

Maybe make small changes so it doesn't feel like work. I did most of my weight loss going by calories alone... whatever I wanted, as long as it fit my calories. Then I found that certain patterns of eating help me feel more satiated while maintaining caloric intake, so I started eating more of those foods (protein, fiber, veg). Now I'm trying out a stricter approach (LeanGains) that dictates macronutrients, calories, and I have a time window to eat my food.

I just think if you dive in and make it hard work, you might burn yourself out!
  • bellaburch85
    Options
    What should i change? In my breakfast and lunches?

Can really change my dinners much as my hubsand isnt on a diet (doesnt need to be) and that would mean make to different meals. Whioch would workout too much ££££ lol.

Thank you for everyone help! x
  • MustBeTheRows
    MustBeTheRows Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Yes, excess calories no matter what they're from will make you gain.
  • finchase
    finchase Posts: 174
    Options
    Perhaps try adding some foods that are high in protein to your diet, such as nuts. One ounce of almonds (approximately 24 nuts) is only about 170 calories and has a lot of protein. Also, I've heard that if you combine eating the nuts with drinking 8 ounces of water, it wil make you feel fuller for quite awhile. Hmm, maybe I should try that part since my appetite seems to have increased recently...
  • bellaburch85
    Options
    I just think if you dive in and make it hard work, you might burn yourself out!

Thats what i was worried about!! I dont want to burn myself out at all! i want to be heathly, get fit and reach my goal! Im not wanting much am i! lol
  • bellaburch85
    Options
    Yes, excess calories no matter what they're from will make you gain.

I havent gain any weight in 4 weeks! Ive lost every week!
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone has any views on Fruit and Veg eating!
    Is eating too much Fruit and Veg per day bad for you.
    For example:
    200g Strawberries
    100g Blueberries
    200g Grapes
    125g Raspberries
    Small Apple
    Large Banana
    Small Kiwi

In one day???

Thanks... just wondered what some people thoght about this?

Does it work for you?
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    What should i change? In my breakfast and lunches?

Can really change my dinners much as my hubsand isnt on a diet (doesnt need to be) and that would mean make to different meals. Whioch would workout too much ££££ lol.

Thank you for everyone help! x

You shouldnt think of it as being on a diet, it IS your diet and a change of lifestyle. Would he mind eating a healthier supper? He doesnt need to be on a diet to improve eating habits. Healthy meals are just as if not more tastier! :smile:
  • Rolande55
    Rolande55 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Considering the alternatives like Bic Macs I'd say hell no! It's all good and much better for you as long as you stay within your calorie goals.