Richard Simmons

Options

Replies

• natvanessa
    natvanessa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    He is a trip. I used to do his workouts when I was little. My mom made me LOL.

Actually the other day, I came across an old interview with him on Howard Stern TV and he is really interesting guy. He talked about how he was abused by his peers as a young kid at school for being overweight, and how that changed his life, etc,.

It's currently OnDemand on Howard TV if anyone has it. Worth watching!
  • Maryt1961
    Maryt1961 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    He was appearing near my home a couple years ago...definitely a 'what you see is what you get'! Had area set up in front so everyone could join in the workout routine if you wanted. Then he talked for about an hour after, kind of giving his journey....at one point someone tried to interrupt with a bizarre noise, and he just cut him off and said 'no, I'm truly serious about this, now' and went on with his talk.....he was obviously veery passionate about what he was talking about...I keep looking at his website, hoping he will be back again! Definitely worth going
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    he is annoying to put it mildly
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    celebrity-pictures-simmons-gahd.jpg

AND OMG! There he is.....I could have gone all day and not seen his face. Thanks for making me re-live his voice too! Can't see his face without hearing that voice!!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOL
  • Liasings
    Liasings Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I recently bought Sweatin' to the Oldies 1,2,3, and 4 on DVD in a box set on Amazon. :happy:

^^This.

Bonus: DH hates Richard Simmons' voice, so he leaves the room when I put one in the player. :laugh:
  • Ladyiianae
    Ladyiianae Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I have all the Richard Simmons Videos and I Stil use them. LOVE him!
  • stepharega
    stepharega Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Aw he is so adorable!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Do whatever it is you need to do to get you off your duff. If Richard Simmons works for you, go for it!
  • GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    Options
    I used to do sweatin' to the oldies with my mom also. I have one of hid DVD's. my stepdad doesn't like him either. He also shares a birthday with him.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    He's creepy, he's cheesy, and he just plain bugs the hell out of me.

But he gives off the feelng he really cares about people and about trying to make a healthy lifestyle fun and doable for everyone. Great guy.
    Richard is great; his work has helped a lot of people.
    I just could never get past his effeminate nature. That drives me NUTS as well.
    Clearly he is reaching out to the ladies. GO RICHARD!:drinker:
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Yeah most men have a problem with Richard. As was said you don't have to look at this beautifully chiseled person to lead you and he isn't screaming and yelling at you like Biggest Loser. Sometimes you don't feel like exercising at all and he makes it fun.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Yeah most men have a problem with Richard. As was said you don't have to look at this beautifully chiseled person to lead you and he isn't screaming and yelling at you like Biggest Loser. Sometimes you don't feel like exercising at all and he makes it fun.
    Right!
    I love people who are HAPPY, and this guy has issues and problems like any man, but he's a happy guy.
    And Richard Simmons loves people!
    We need more people like him in this world.
  • Sweet_Pea_82
    Sweet_Pea_82 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I love Richard Simmons!! I used his workout VHS tapes the first time I ever exercised. The Blast & Tone DVD is great, my girls and I love to do Dance Your Pants Off and I love his 30 minute tapes if I need a quick workout with some good music: Disco Blast Off, Mega Mix Blast Off, Latin Blast Off and Broadway Blast Off. I also love the fact that he has "real" people and his attitude always makes me feel better. <3
  • MooMooooo
    MooMooooo Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    We don't have his DVD's but we have worked out with HIM - in the flesh. Earlier this year!

It was so much fun - he turned up in a bright orange tutu and proceeded to hug and kiss every single person who turned up for his class that day.

We might get a DVD of his (so we can learn the moves as neither of us has ever done aerobics before and we are embarrassingly:blushing: unco)

We are going again in April next year (as long as he is at the studio)

It is $12 per class peeps!

Squeee!

FYI, his studio Slimmons is located right near Hollywood CA, we drove from Venice Beach.
  • rowdylibrarian
    rowdylibrarian Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    If you want a good laugh for the day, Google "Whose line is it anyway" and "Richard Simmons" and watch the You Tube video from when he visited the hilarious improv show. (It's the one where he is wearing a blue tank top.) Richard was a long time fan of the show, and they all had a really good time. It's mildly naughty, so be aware of your surroundings. :)
  • tikikitchen
    Options
    I just started again, and I am using Richard Simmons. Love all of the workouts.
  • hugalot28
    Options
    I used his Party off the pounds about 4 years ago, and by 6 months had lost 50 pounds. I stopped working out for about the last 3 years, and have still kept that 50 off. I am now doing his DVDs again. Between Richard, Jillian Michaels, and Bob Harper, you can achieve and soar above your fitness goals!!!!
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    :blushing: Love him:love::heart:
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    I ad:heart: re Richard Simmons.

I can't dance, but his videos are so much fun. I need to order the DVD set from amazon. My fave is Sweatin' to the Oldies (the original).
  • ninjapizzeria
    ninjapizzeria Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    MrsORourke wrote: »
    I had Tone and Sweat on VHS and LOVED it! I should see if I can find it on DVD...

I have Tone and Sweat and I also love it i do that and the 1st sweatin to the oldies